Audio Browser Not allowing move/copy of all carts

Audio Browser Not allowing move/copy of all carts

Author
Chris Jones
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Bit of an odd one this. We have recently expanded the available carts from 32,000 to 50,000. All good here no problems. I have now however attempted to move some blocks of carts around and come across the following problem. In Audio browser, I am able to do what I like with carts 1 - 32768. As soon as any carts from 32769 onwards are selected, the buttons to move/copy/delete etc grey out. I have looked everywhere and double checked presenter / admin rights to specific cart changes, but all seems in order. The same situation happens whether I access the audio browser via Myriad (3.6) or Autotrack(3.1). Can anyone suggest what is going on here - or am I going mad ?
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Chris,

That's going back a long way! There were some limitations if I remember correctly with Myriad v3.6 and larger AudioWalls, but being honest it's been a long time!

Whats the exact version of Myriad v3.6 you are using?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Chris Jones
Chris Jones
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)Forum Sage (2K reputation)

Peter Jarrett - Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:26:08 PM
Hi Chris,

That's going back a long way! There were some limitations if I remember correctly with Myriad v3.6 and larger AudioWalls, but being honest it's been a long time!

Whats the exact version of Myriad v3.6 you are using?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying. It is going back a bit yes - we are hopefully looking at upgrading to V5 soon funding permitting..... so just trying to squeeze a few more weeks / months out of version 3 if we can. It has given very little trouble in 12 years of usage.

The exact version is V3.6.6

Many thanks

Chris.

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Ok, you're definitely on the last release of Myriad v3.6, so I think unfortunately you may just be up against one of it's limitations sadly.

Very glad to hear it's gone so well having run for so long though !

Glad to hear you're hoping on a migration to v5 in due course too - i'm sure you'll find it an easy step as most of the concepts are just the same, and the new features and workflow streamlining will hopefully give you and your users a big improvement without being too jarring Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Would suggest closing Myriad on all workstations.

If my memory is right you can do some sort of audiowall check. Might be worth trying one file to the highest possible number and then backfilling once that one is moved.

Make sure all the virus checking is turned off as moving the files will trigger one huge virus check otherwise.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
Chris Jones
Chris Jones
Forum Sage

Peter Jarrett - Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:39:25 PM
Ok, you're definitely on the last release of Myriad v3.6, so I think unfortunately you may just be up against one of it's limitations sadly.

Very glad to hear it's gone so well having run for so long though !

Glad to hear you're hoping on a migration to v5 in due course too - i'm sure you'll find it an easy step as most of the concepts are just the same, and the new features and workflow streamlining will hopefully give you and your users a big improvement without being too jarring Smile

Thanks Peter,

We had better start checking down the side of the sofa etc...….

Looks like the carts will have to stay where they are for now.

Thanks again.

Chris.

Chris Jones
Chris Jones
Forum Sage

Matt Wade - Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:41:55 PM
Would suggest closing Myriad on all workstations.

If my memory is right you can do some sort of audiowall check. Might be worth trying one file to the highest possible number and then backfilling once that one is moved.

Make sure all the virus checking is turned off as moving the files will trigger one huge virus check otherwise.

M

Thanks Matt - will give that a go

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Chris.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....