On Air Control Switching

On Air Control Switching

Author
Chris Reeve
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello

I have an issue with On-Air switching between our studio and automation machine. 

The studio PC runs our main studio database, and our overnight PC runs from the Automation database.  Autotrack pushes out the same schedule to both. That works fine. The overnight PC also hosts OCP. 

I want to push out the correct song titles to the internet feed, and so I need to use OCP to determine which PC is live.  I've setup advanced on-air switching, and selected the main studio database, however when I try switching Myriad crashes on the automation PC with a application exception. I'm beginning to think that this is because I'm switching between two PCs that run different databases. 

How should I set up studio switching to allow switching between two PCs, running two databases to work? I've also tried simple switching, but that did not work.

Thanks

Chris
Engineer/Chippenham Hospital Radio

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Chris,

I think this might be into the realms of needing to open a support ticket.
Myriad Station Databases are designed to be controlled by a single OCP as it acts as the On-Air controller (i.e what studio has on-air control and is feeding the outputs with now playing info). So by having a secondary database with all the same settings, I think the on-air control system might be getting confused as you have indicated. 

With an official ticket, we'd need exact version numbers of Myriad running on the different machines, also of OCP and perhaps some debugging information from OCP and also Myriad itself - when you put them into Debug mode, large txt files can be generated - which we will need to look at, support can advise on how to enable debugging if you have not done it before.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Chris Reeve
Chris Reeve
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
David Boulton - Monday, January 14, 2019 9:58:47 AM
Hi Chris,

I think this might be into the realms of needing to open a support ticket.
Myriad Station Databases are designed to be controlled by a single OCP as it acts as the On-Air controller (i.e what studio has on-air control and is feeding the outputs with now playing info). So by having a secondary database with all the same settings, I think the on-air control system might be getting confused as you have indicated. 

With an official ticket, we'd need exact version numbers of Myriad running on the different machines, also of OCP and perhaps some debugging information from OCP and also Myriad itself - when you put them into Debug mode, large txt files can be generated - which we will need to look at, support can advise on how to enable debugging if you have not done it before.

Thanks for your response. So it should at least be possible to switch the feed from two different databases into OCP? I'll raise a ticket.

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Chris,

no sorry - I don't think i made it clear.

I'm not aware that OCP standard can understand the ON-air status of 2 different databases.
OCP allows you to have more than one "service", a "second one" could be set to output all the same feeds (web, DAB, etc) - but the second database could not be running all the time because both OCP's would be getting information from valid "on-air" Myriad terminals. So there might be a clash when updating the website.
The Automation PC Log would need to be started and the studio one stopped and turned "off-air" to make sure this didn't happen.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums