Broadcast Radio Forums

On Air Control Switching

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic9075.aspx

By creev15 - Friday, January 11, 2019 1:32:21 PM

Hello

I have an issue with On-Air switching between our studio and automation machine. 

The studio PC runs our main studio database, and our overnight PC runs from the Automation database.  Autotrack pushes out the same schedule to both. That works fine. The overnight PC also hosts OCP. 

I want to push out the correct song titles to the internet feed, and so I need to use OCP to determine which PC is live.  I've setup advanced on-air switching, and selected the main studio database, however when I try switching Myriad crashes on the automation PC with a application exception. I'm beginning to think that this is because I'm switching between two PCs that run different databases. 

How should I set up studio switching to allow switching between two PCs, running two databases to work? I've also tried simple switching, but that did not work.

Thanks

Chris
Engineer/Chippenham Hospital Radio
By David Boulton - Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:59:44 AM

Hi Chris,

no sorry - I don't think i made it clear.

I'm not aware that OCP standard can understand the ON-air status of 2 different databases.
OCP allows you to have more than one "service", a "second one" could be set to output all the same feeds (web, DAB, etc) - but the second database could not be running all the time because both OCP's would be getting information from valid "on-air" Myriad terminals. So there might be a clash when updating the website.
The Automation PC Log would need to be started and the studio one stopped and turned "off-air" to make sure this didn't happen.