Auto-Importer and Gmail

Auto-Importer and Gmail

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have just switched our email to use Gsuite with Gmail's servers but Auto-importer will not send the the notification email anymore.  It generates an error in the log

GRP:15:Failed to send Success Notification Email - Reason: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. a184-v6sm6272381wmh.41 - gsmtp

I suspect this may be to do with the non default ports that Gmail uses.  Is there not a way to change these somewhere in Auto-Importer that I can't find?  Any other suggetions?

Gsuite tech support seems to be baffled at Auto-Importer (!)

Neil

Neil Ogden
Hospital RAdio Basingstoke

philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
neilogden - Friday, August 17, 2018 9:26:49 PM
We have just switched our email to use Gsuite with Gmail's servers but Auto-importer will not send the the notification email anymore.  It generates an error in the log

GRP:15:Failed to send Success Notification Email - Reason: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. a184-v6sm6272381wmh.41 - gsmtp

I suspect this may be to do with the non default ports that Gmail uses.  Is there not a way to change these somewhere in Auto-Importer that I can't find?  Any other suggetions?

Gsuite tech support seems to be baffled at Auto-Importer (!)

Neil

Neil Ogden
Hospital RAdio Basingstoke

Unless latest versions have changed and I've not noticed, the Auto-importer software only understands standard SMTP port 25.

I just use the station's ISP mail server. With the from address set to the non-existent automimporter@stationsdomain.com
And then try and 'whitelist' this from address on the reciepents system if possible (any spam filtering will score down the message for not having come from through gmail or whatever provider hosts the email.)

Phil.

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
If you're using v4 or earlier, then yes Phil is spot on, it's SMTP only, no SSL (or TLS) - but AutoImporter v5 does speak SSL so *should* work  - though I'm not sure we've tested it with a google mail server! But if you're on v5 I suspect you will be ok

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search