Sonifex PC-AUR44 Auricon 4.4 PCIe Analogue Sound Card - Sound Issues

Sonifex PC-AUR44 Auricon 4.4 PCIe Analogue Sound Card - Sound Issues

Author
Juan Turner
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Having had 4 failures of Behringer FCA610 DAW SoundCards (components failed in the DAW units and were repaired by Behringer), I opted to try the Sonifex Auricon for the Automation On Air PC.
Listening to the Station on air I noticed a 'ringing' and almost a birdie effect sqeeking on certain songs. I suspected the transmission chain but thought I'd see if I could hear t the effect on raw desk rather than on air.
When in the studio I played the same tracks on the Studio 1 PC which still has a DAW in use. The effect wasn't there.
I have narrowed it down to the Sonifex Card and wondered if anyone had any advice as I can't see any way of checking the sample rates and other settings etc.
Has anyone else had this issue and how could it be solved?
Thanks

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

not specific with that card but make sure any sort of 'line in' is muted on the output side as the ringing could be digital feedback caused by the loop of audio.

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
Juan Turner
Juan Turner
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)Forum Sage (2.2K reputation)

Thanks for reply, worth mentioning, but that isn't the issue. The ringing, buzzing  is on the lower frequencies and is more of a chirping than a feedback. I have been on to Sonifex and am sending them so audio files of the same WAV file played on two different cards. It is rather baffling but my ear is drawn to it and wondered if anyone else had the same issue.

I mentioned in my earlier posts that I had failures of the Behringer FCA610 - I would avoid this product having had 4 failures and required them going back to Behringer. I can't fault Behringer's service in terms of warranty repair, however if you have mission critical and unmanned stations, avoid this product!

John-Michael Sugden
John-Michael Sugden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)

What bitrate is the Auricon set to within windows? and does this match the bitrate the connected hardware is operating at? If the bitrates don't match you can end up with 3 different re-sampling operations going on prior to leaving the soundcard which may be responsible for 'squeaking'.

Hope this helps Smile

ArnyLogan
ArnyLogan
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)Forum Sage (495 reputation)

Hi...i am a new user here. I will suggest to disconnect everything from the Arduino Leonardo Brain Shield + stepper motor drivers and try to detect the Arduino from the Computer/ Inkscape. If you can, connect again the Brain Shield without the stepper motor drivers, and check again. If you succeed now but did not before, it seems there is a problem with the stepper motors drivers. Connect one by one and recheck you can detect the Arduino Leonardo. Doing so you will figure out which one is not working properly.

one-stop pcb
Edited
6 Years Ago by ArnyLogan
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search