sound levels

sound levels

Author
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I currently import mp3 versions of tracks from iTunes into Myriad before playing them on the radio. I am findings that there appears to be a difference in the sound level of many tracks - some appear to be a lot quieter than others making a difference when people are listening in.

Is there a way I can standardise the sound level within myriad so that they all play at the same level?

Thanks

WW
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi WW,

there are different ways to NORMALISE audio within Myriad v4 - there is Peak Normalisation and RMS Normalisation, I won't go into the differences here, have a look at the following Wikipedia information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_normalization 

You can set the circumstances where Myriad uses the normalisation (typically on the Import Wizard), but it can also be used on Voice Links and Recording directly into carts.
Goto: Settings>Audio Setup>Audiowall Settings (Global)>Import/CD and the bottom Section will allow you to make the changes - WARNING These will change all Myriad Terminals and Users settings.
Goto: Settings>Station Database Settings>Hooks/Seg>Segue Editor/Voice Link Settings - Specifically for Voice Tracking. 

In your circumstance, it would probably be wise to open up the audio within SmoothEdit and perform the action on each file. Use the down arrow next to the last icon on the right of the waveform display.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
wafflingwilson
wafflingwilson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)Forum Sage (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
very helpful!

thanks

WW
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums