Recording Permissions

Recording Permissions

Author
ArroweSound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All, here's hoping you can help, bit of a wierd one this.

Our main playout Myriad PC using v.3 isn't allowing either admin or oresenters to record into a pre defined cart range.
For example, presenters for obvious reasons don't have full access to Myriad Manager, Autotrak Etc.  They have a pre-defined cart range 1000-3000 to record into.  Cant remember when it was last working ok but this week presenters haven't been able to record into that area (option greyed out).

When I logged in as admin with full access I had the same problem, record into this cart (greyed out) although it would allow me to record into the next available cart simply by hitting the record button.

I have checked our scheduling PC which isn't used on air on a seperate licence (networked to our on air PC) and there is no issue with recording into the same cart range.  Am I missing something really simple? Please help

Regards
Mike
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Hi Mike,

May just be worth checking your Audio settings for the workstation and make sure you have something in the Record Device.

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,
don't forget that even logged in as an admin you can restrict the ranges where you can record into.

So first things first, go back into Myriad Manager and the Directory, have a look at the permissions on the User Groups or individually on the users - if access for a lot of presenters has changed at the same time, then my guess would be that someone has made a mistake in the cart ranges for the default user group.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
ArroweSound
ArroweSound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)Forum Sage (6.1K reputation)

Thanks for your help guys, unfortunately I still have the problem, any other ideas?

Checked audio settings and also checked permissions in Myriad Manager.  Admin and Presenters still have permissions to record into a set cart range but the playout PC doesn't allow admin or presenters to record into that range.  The scheduling PC however that is networked to the playout PC on a seperate licence allows permissions into the defined cart range.... I'm confused, surely it has to be a PC issue or checkbox that has been unchecked by somebody perhaps?

Would really like to fix this

Thanks
Mike
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

Does the PC or user account have permissions to write to the drive the audio is on?  Just an idea if all the Myriad permissions are as they should be?

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
ArroweSound
ArroweSound
Forum Sage

Hi Craig, thanks for your reply... How do I check this?

Thanks in advance

Mike
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search