AUTOTRACK

AUTOTRACK

Author
leec123
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
WHY DOES AUTOTRACK GO TO ( NOT RESPONDING ) WHEN I CLICK THE SCHEDULE BUTTON TO SHEDULE A WEEKS WORK OF LOGS?
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

It's doing a lot of work in the background.
I suggest you make yourself a cup of tea and leave the pc well alone,
you'll get to used to the no responding screen ;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Leec123,
people often mistake "not responding" for crashed, they are very different. "not responding" means exactly what it says, the application is too busy waiting for something to happen or finish to be able to update the front end, in AutoTrack v4 it has to ask the SQL Client to put information into or read from the database. If the SQL server is busy, it can't communicate with the SQL client, therefore the client is waiting to tell AutoTrack the result of the request., and AutoTrack has to wait to update progress bars or song cards, etc.

That is just one example of the thousands of things the applications are doing. Yes, sometimes whatever the application was waiting for never comes back with the answer, and you could call that a crash, and you have to end task. Sometimes we have a bug in the code that gets us into a state where the front end cannot respond - with your help and reporting of these things (especially if they can be repeated), we get them fixed as soon as we can.

Please talk to our support team to see if we can assist.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Edited
9 Years Ago by David Boulton
leec123
leec123
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)Forum Sage (3.2K reputation)

Hi there, Thanks for your answer, I just thought there was something wrong with our software, but it seems like there's not. Sometimes i have to end task and restart but that's every now and then.

Lee Cole
Station Manager
Rhondda Radio
leec123
leec123
Forum Sage

So i went to schedule our Christmas songs for playout today and i had a lot of , " 'Unscheduled Song" I checked the clocks and this was where i put the christmas category.

Anyone know how i can adjust the Autotrack rules so the Christmas songs will schedule and play out??
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Hi,

Make sure you have a search percentage in the global rules for those categories.

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Also make sure you have not put any date restrictions onto the song cards, some stations make sure that xmas songs are not allowed to be scheduled outside of the "Festive" period.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
leec123
leec123
Forum Sage

None of the songs are dated, and it's at 100% in the Global Rules.

Any suggestions what percentage it should be on?
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Would suggest you look at those unscheduled songs positions and click on the 'tested' button in Autotrack and see what it is failing on. This may give you a clue. 

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search