Myriad+OCP/Auto-Importer Shared Resources Conflict

Myriad+OCP/Auto-Importer Shared Resources Conflict

Author
JamesHarrison
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

We tried installing OCP 3.6.2 and Myriad 3.6.2 on the same machine (and the same with Auto Importer) but ended up with both unusable due to elements of the shared code being different versions (button widgets, according to the very helpful chap on the phone).

Has this been fixed in 3.6.3 beta's installers? We don't have enough computers to run a dedicated OCP machine and another dedicated auto-importer machine - we only have three Windows boxes, everything else is Linux, and I'm not sure I want to try and run OCP under WINE...

James Harrison
Head of Technology 2010-11 
Insanity Radio 1287AM 
http://www.insanityradio.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi James,

As long as you upgrade all software on the same PC to the same version - i.e. Myriad, OCP, AutoImporter, Advert Manager  etc. then you should be ok.

If you are still having problems then if you uninstall all of them (it will leave the settings intact) then re-install you should be fine.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

JamesHarrison
JamesHarrison
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

This was with an install of OCP 3.6.2, Myriad 3.6.2, totally uninstalled both beforehand, and then reinstalled. Diagnosis was remotely done by a PSquared tech whose name escapes me, but I've since reproduced it reliably on one of our production PCs. Auto Importer 3.6.2 has the same problem alongside Myriad 3.6.2.

James Harrison
Head of Technology 2010-11 
Insanity Radio 1287AM 
http://www.insanityradio.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi James,

In that case yes it may be worth giving the v3.6.3 beta a go on a non critial pc and see if that does resolve it- we did change a few bits of the installer between v3.6.2 and .3 so they may well cover it.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search