Broadcast Radio Forums

Myriad+OCP/Auto-Importer Shared Resources Conflict

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6120.aspx

By Peter Jarrett - Monday, March 12, 2012 11:53:33 AM

Hi James,

As long as you upgrade all software on the same PC to the same version - i.e. Myriad, OCP, AutoImporter, Advert Manager  etc. then you should be ok.

If you are still having problems then if you uninstall all of them (it will leave the settings intact) then re-install you should be fine.
By JamesHarrison - Monday, March 12, 2012 1:10:41 PM

Hi,

This was with an install of OCP 3.6.2, Myriad 3.6.2, totally uninstalled both beforehand, and then reinstalled. Diagnosis was remotely done by a PSquared tech whose name escapes me, but I've since reproduced it reliably on one of our production PCs. Auto Importer 3.6.2 has the same problem alongside Myriad 3.6.2.
By Peter Jarrett - Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:06:58 AM

Hi James,

In that case yes it may be worth giving the v3.6.3 beta a go on a non critial pc and see if that does resolve it- we did change a few bits of the installer between v3.6.2 and .3 so they may well cover it.
By JamesHarrison - Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:53:48 PM

Hi all,

We tried installing OCP 3.6.2 and Myriad 3.6.2 on the same machine (and the same with Auto Importer) but ended up with both unusable due to elements of the shared code being different versions (button widgets, according to the very helpful chap on the phone).

Has this been fixed in 3.6.3 beta's installers? We don't have enough computers to run a dedicated OCP machine and another dedicated auto-importer machine - we only have three Windows boxes, everything else is Linux, and I'm not sure I want to try and run OCP under WINE...