Show Rules HELP!

Show Rules HELP!

Author
Lee69
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I could do with some help regarding show rules please

We have put given all the song in autotrack a category and a type and want to move away from phsically putting everything track for track in the clocks (ie Song, 80s , classic - Song, 00's Slow etc) and start to use the show rules more.

Show rules have been set as to what types of songs we want to play in each hour and the show clocks contain what category we want it to pick from.
Is there any way to tell autotrack how many of each 'type' of song we want it to choose per hour using rules. We have tried using the Min & Max which obviously sets how many in a row.

Ideally we want to be able to let autotrack do the work and choose from the types as a pose to telling it in each clock in what order we want

Does that even make sense????

Any help would be much appreciated
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Im sure its possible to do this with INSTANT track, so it should be possible with Autotrak, but I have never tried to schedule in that way.

Instant Track is a simple solution, just color the boxes to suit and click go!, done for you.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Lee,

In AutoTrack you can specify the "weight" of each category which allows you to define the approximate weighting that each category would be used in a scheduled hour if you were allowing it to choose the categories itself - i.e. 20% A list, 10% B List, 50% image and 20% recurrent, but am i right in reading that you are forcing the category for each position and then want to control how many of each Type is then used?

Unfortunately as you've seen AutoTrack only lets you set Min/Max in a row for Types and not a Min and Max per hour - the min is very hard to implement as you can easily accidentally end up telling it to play a "min" of so many types that it can't achieve any of them.

We are looking into adding a Max in Hour for a future version though, as this would definitely be a useful addition. No timetables I'm afraid, but it is something we are aiming to include.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Lee69
Lee69
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)Forum Sage (1K reputation)

Hi Peter,

Yeah you have read it correctly. Thanks for the reply

Each hour clock for our main daytime output has categorys scheduled into the clock. We have tried it using the pre-selected pass order for categories in the autotrack settings however this doesnt seem to work so we have manually programmed each show clock.

The ability to be able to programme a min & max amount of 'types' per hour I think would be an excellent addition. I was convinced I had done it before a few years back using autotrack but obviously was using category weights as that station wasnt as fussy musically as we are.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search