Broadcast Radio Forums

Show Rules HELP!

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6096.aspx

By Lee69 - Friday, March 2, 2012 2:05:02 PM

I could do with some help regarding show rules please

We have put given all the song in autotrack a category and a type and want to move away from phsically putting everything track for track in the clocks (ie Song, 80s , classic - Song, 00's Slow etc) and start to use the show rules more.

Show rules have been set as to what types of songs we want to play in each hour and the show clocks contain what category we want it to pick from.
Is there any way to tell autotrack how many of each 'type' of song we want it to choose per hour using rules. We have tried using the Min & Max which obviously sets how many in a row.

Ideally we want to be able to let autotrack do the work and choose from the types as a pose to telling it in each clock in what order we want

Does that even make sense????

Any help would be much appreciated
By Lee69 - Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:26:30 AM

Hi Peter,

Yeah you have read it correctly. Thanks for the reply

Each hour clock for our main daytime output has categorys scheduled into the clock. We have tried it using the pre-selected pass order for categories in the autotrack settings however this doesnt seem to work so we have manually programmed each show clock.

The ability to be able to programme a min & max amount of 'types' per hour I think would be an excellent addition. I was convinced I had done it before a few years back using autotrack but obviously was using category weights as that station wasnt as fussy musically as we are.