IRN/SKY NEWS

IRN/SKY NEWS

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm sure everyone else that's taking sky news radio via astra is getting a 5 second delay too, which is annoying as it cuts the news off unless you adjust the clocks, I've emailed sky and am awaiting a reply to see if this is now the normal delay (5 seconds) or it's going back to 2 seconds.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

All Stations Using Astra 2A

Following upgrade work in the transmission equipment associated with all the Sky News channels we have been advised that the audio PID (packet identification) value changed from 661 to 701 and may have affected some  of your stations’ receivers ability to receive our news bulletin.

If you are having problems receiving the IRN bulletin we believe rebooting and retuning the receiver should resolve any issues.

In addition, there has also been a change to the delay of the IRN news bulletin. The delay will depend upon the receiver used and the speed it processes our channel but in some cases the delay can be around 6 seconds.

It is best individual stations determine this delay and adjust their automation playout systems accordingly.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the changes which are beyond our control

Tim Molloy (IRN)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)

Can you tell me when this started happening as to my knowledge we have experienced no change to the 3 second delay we have always had.

Neil
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

This started on Wednesday last week.
it only effects those using the Astra A2 feed.
I've spoken to a number of community stations all suffering this issue.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Hi to all,

I can confirm our audio has gone to pot, thought it was a local timing issue till I just seen this post, many thanks Paul for the post and update from Tim at IRN, would have been nice to have been told directly by IRN!! Still that would have been internal news I suppose and they out source everything these days! Wink

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

I knew something was a miss thats why I emailed to find out why.
Now we all have the answers.

They always seem to forget about the community stations and inform the big boys first,
we pay our money too !!! Talking of money, wait til the next bill comes in for IRN, ours came last week,
no longer 100 per year, it's shot up to 300 per year now.

Good luck rescheduling those clocks !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

Kind of makes me glad that we've always used the Sirus feed, must be a right old PITA when ever things like that change unannounced.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

we may change to sirius soon, Craig can you tell me what size dish you use to get a good signal,
it used to be 80cm for the south of the uk.
and a frequency etc would be handy ;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

I'm sure it's a 1M dish we use in central Scotland.  As for tuning details, the IRN engineering site seems to have no info any more, but the wayback machine will help you:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070317033613/http://www.irnengineering.co.uk/ will give you all you need to know.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Thanks again Craig, I'll test it at home on a few dishes I have, it used to be 80cm in the south and thats a massive dish to have really.
all for a few seconds too LOL

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....