Which new smooth edit logo (warning large pics attached)

Which new smooth edit logo (warning large pics attached)

Author
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (92K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hello,

Just messing around with some graphics looking to come up with a logo for our new smooth edit software due soon.

The software is a simple audio editor designed for top / tail. editing, adjusting volumes etc.

It is not intended as a replacement for a serious editor, just a quick editor for basic work.

We will be aiming it firmly at what used to be the Cool Edit 2000 market so it will be around the £60 mark we think.

Anyway, I am after a simple, not too serious logo to reflect the product and would appreciate feedback on these attached concept images.

Cheers

Liam

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700

Edited
18 Years Ago by Liam Burke
alex.davies
alex.davies
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Number 1, although number two is quite nice as well.

With this editor can you add a critical feature that would be so useful for those of us who use SCOOP edit? The ability to open what is a cart on SCOOP and then select different bits to save as different carts (so when 5 clips come through from IRN at the same time).

So, If I open cart #100, which has 5 audio clips in it, I can select the bit that I want, preview it, then save it. If it could be set to ask for a Title and then put the cart in the next free cart starting at a defined cart, say #500, that would make it very easy and would save time (rather than having to copy the cart 5 times and edit each one 5 times!).

Alex
HRTW
HRTW
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)

I would say number 2 but with with the same elongated typeface as number 1. Perhaps make the coloured semi circles slightly more wavelike... if that makes any sense.
Simon Temple
Simon Temple
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

Number 1 probably, but 3's kind of cute.
Is it one of these P-Squid's that we keep hearing about :lol:
Simon
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee

To answer Alex's question.

Scoop Edit v3 does incorporate Smooth Edit and it does have just that feature.

Thanks for your feedback so far and yes, that is a PSQUID. A really happy one!

Liam

mattmansfield
mattmansfield
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)Forum Sage (4.5K reputation)

[quote:250aaec95f=\"Liam Burke\"]that is a PSQUID. A really happy one![/quote]
The poor thing has 7 of it's tentacles missing!
alex.davies
alex.davies
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)

What does a P-SQUISH look like? Any ideas? Smile

Alex
Simon Temple
Simon Temple
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

It'll be a squid but squashed. Didn't you know it's dangerous out there in the seas, there are whales driving lorries. :wink:
http://www.bigwhaleonalorry.com/firstsighting.asp
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee

And here is a P Squish in the flesh

Edited
18 Years Ago by Liam Burke
alex.davies
alex.davies
Forum Sage

I was waiting for someone to do that. . .!

Seriously, though, if you don't use logo 3 for the new editor then I think that the bottom logo would be a good addition to your marketing material and help people get their minds around the various different codes that we now all have to use!

The new audio editor sounds great - if you want someone to beta test it (we have a full SCOOP licence but would be very happy to try something that is in beta that has an integrated audio editor) then please let me know!

Alex
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search