Sound Card

Sound Card

Author
ArroweSound Hospital Radio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all

I have the terratec Aereon 7.1 pcie card installed on our main machine and having just rolled back Myriad to version 3 from 4 I am no longer able to configure the sound card properly. The multiple card options to assign each player are no longer there in the drop down menu in audio setup.

I also have an issue with not being able to make changes to the playout log from our other studio. The other studio can see the log but won't allow me to drag and drop any carts into any hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Mike
Problem
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Mike,
The Aureon can only be used with Myriad v4's SMX mode - it was one of the main new technologies we introduced in SmoothEdit v4 so soundcards like that (which present as a 7.1, not 4x2) can be used - so unfortunately you can't use that in that way in v3 and earlier.

With the Log Editing, it will prevent you editing the "on-air" hour from a machine that isn't On-Air (for safety) but it should be letting you edit other hours - e.g. midday tomorrow, or later today etc.) - is it that you can't even pick up items, or you can drag them but dropping them doesn't work? Do they drag into players ok andplay?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

ArroweSound Hospital Radio...
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)Forum Sage (11K reputation)

Hi Peter. Thanks for the update. I shall source an alternative card, can you suggest anything?

As for changing the hours it is letting me drag items across but not letting me drop them into any hours ie midday tomorrow etc.

The carts will drag and drop into the players and play fine.

Thanks again
Mike
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

The Octa Capture is a really good card - http://store.broadcastradio.com/product-p/octa-capture.htm but i'll admit it's not the cheapest, but it's very high quality - the trouble is multichannel cards that present as separate stereo pairs tend to be expensive sadly.The

The log dragging is odd - can you right click on the log and add that way?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Forum Sage

Hi Peter

Re not being able to edit the log. I have noticed that I can't drag and drop carts into the players although I can right click on a cart and select play cart which works fine.

Am I missing a check box or something?

Many thanks
Mike
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Mike,
if you have rolled back, did you completely uninstall v4, or do you have them both on the same machines?
You might need to check permissions on the Station Database, to make sure you have read/write access to the database and files.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Forum Sage

Hi David

V4 was completely uninstalled. The issue is with the machine in Studio 2 that has never had v4 on it.

Could you point me in the right direction please as to database permissions etc? Although carts will play from Studio 2 if I double click them, I just can't drag and drop to either the scheduled log, cart players or a pad

Many thanks for your help
Mike
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Mike,

The only other thin gi can think of is a "Focus" issue, i.e. something has focus instead of the main Myriad screen.
Do you have any screen reader software? Or anything else that uses the soundcards running on the same machine?

i'l think you'll have to contact support@broadcastradio.com where a ticket can be generated - there is something very strange going on, and they are better placed to assist!

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Forum Sage

Hi David

Thanks for the replies.

The machine in question that we have the issue with has a touch screen, do you think this maybe causing an issue?

Cheers
Mike
Forum Sage

UPDATE!!! Issue Solved

Our Studio 2 PC is touchscreen. Although the touchscreen option was enabled in Myriad I hadn't reconnected the USB lead for the screen.

Thanks for your advice and help

Best wishes
Mike
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search