losing sound from 1 cart

losing sound from 1 cart

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi David, I will do a logs report today and see if its always the same cart, our unit is the FCA610 as you mentioned above.
All 4 faders are always left up to.

I will keep you updated.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

Update on the songs that have been cutting off half way through playing during Autofade and Voice tracked shows only:
They were all in Cart 2.
I will reinstall the sound card and see if this fixes the bug !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Paul,

OK sorry I thought you said the 1616.

Also make sure in the Myriad settings that there is not something wrong with that cart player allocation. Are they all set to use the SMX mode or just the normal soundcard access?
Is the device for Player 2 also used by windows sound (i.e. default device) - change Windows to "No Sounds" if that's the case - it could be stealing or locking the soundcard in someway.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

We had this problem occur again last night, it always happens during this one show....
We switched to an alternate studio and continued the show, voice tracked in autofade mode, with no issues.
I am going to replay the show today in studio 1 as it would have gone out live last night to see if the sound cuts out again.

Should I run in debug mode and send logs to you ?   is this of any help ?

I will also reinstall the sound card to see if this fixes the issue.after I rerun the show.

I think this show is heavily edited using the seque editor, fade in and fade outs...Perhaps this is the issue ?
v4.26 Myriad. No one else does a lot of fade in fade out/editing as they all voice track to perfection ;-)

I will keep you all updated.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Hi Paul,

it is possible that the fades are getting confused in some way.

The debugs will be helpful if you managed to recreate it in the other studio, especially if it is the same cart player or Segue combination of fades. Don't forget to email support @ broadcastradio.com to get the support ticket - they'll need a little explanation as they might not have been monitoring this thread.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

How long shall I run in debug / for the 1 hr show ?

thanks

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Support file sent direct from the studio pc, very clever ;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton

We will have a look.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

David Boulton - Tuesday, November 01, 2016 2:42:33 PM
We will have a look.

Hope you can find out what it is as Corby Radio doesn't have any paid for support in place....

I have reinstalled the sound card software etc and will hope this fixes the issue, if not, any voice tracked shows that use the fade in/out will be mixed down to a 1hr file and then it will fix the problem !

Hopefully the sound card reinstall may have done the trick.
Thanks for the free advice on this forum, it's a valued part of Broadcast Radio

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Hi Guys, Just an update on this Corby issue, We have found out how to stop it happening.

If you fade in/fade out using segue edit the sound doesn't fade back in after the song#s fade level has reached 100%,
it seems to cut off completely.
Maybe something to do with the USB sound card not liking version 4.26 of Myriad.
I could switch back to 4.25 but don't have a copy.
So for now we will just not use fade in fade out.

Thanks for your help on the forum.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....