Hardware commands for IRN in autotrack

Hardware commands for IRN in autotrack

Author
Waheed
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello all,

Im trying to make an auto playlist with the IRN news, 

the IRN switching works when I add the hardware commands manually into the log, but on Auto track the command seems to make the fader go on and off and so the irm news cuts off because the fader is set to pulse.

In the log ive set hardware line 17 to SET at 2.00 
In the log ive set hardware line 17 to CLEAR at 2.02 

Is these commands right?

Thanks for your help

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Waheed,

In a word no, this is telling it to turn on and then 2 seconds later turn off again. :-(

If you put the turn IRN on hardware command as the last item in the clock before, the last thing Myriad will do is turn the fader on.
In the next clock you will need (as your first item) an Absolute time of: 02:02:00 - (mm:ss:hhths - this is because the clock can be used multiple times turning the scheduled week.)
This will make Myriad wait until 2 mins and 2 seconds into the hour - adjust as required..
Then you'll need your IRN off hardware command.

This should get things operating as you want them.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Waheed
Waheed
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)

Hi David,

If the playlist does not start on time , let say it  was to start at 1am but the presenter started it at 1.05am , will the playlist still run to time in autofade mode?

The commands are not working properly , the card goes into pulse mode and it plays the irn news 5 min late , The hours are always above 1 hour in length

the screenshot of the hour link is below , where im I going wrong?

http://forum.psquared.net/uploads/images/897f9594-1fb0-4cac-8865-65ce.jpg

Any help appreciated

thanks 

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

Your example will not run to time as there are no songs in the hour.  Myriad doesn't fade carts or links early just songs.  You could add a dummy song category and add the show segments to it, then schedule the songs in fixed places so they can be faded if too long?

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Apologies for the late reply - I have been away on my Holiday :-)

As Craig said, there is nothing in the hour for Myriad to play with (i.e. drop / fade early). Any fixed carts or links are tagged as non droppable or fadeable.

In Myriad v4 Station Database settings you change this functionality as it can be quite dangerous - this is a blanket setting so if you allow dropping of links and you schedule sponsor mentions in a link category these could be dropped or faded.

If you have a pre-recorded set of items that you need to fade, make sure the programme supplier has either back timed perfectly (but they may not know how many ads / promos you have scheduled) or to leave a couple of songs at the end of the final segment in the hour.
You can use the above clock setup to schedule, when it arrives in the Myriad Log, right click over the Link or Cart Icon and change it to a Song which will be faded to get to the time marker.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Waheed
Waheed
Forum Sage

Hi,

Ah right, The carts that i've scheduled need to play in that order and ive got about 60 clocks that are scheduled over a 3 week period

All the clocks are above 1 hour , so if i change the carts to a song will myriad fade to time?

I just want to make sure my IRN commands are ok ,

Regards

David Boulton
David Boulton

Hi,

just change the last programme block cart to a song on the log, then depending on how much the overrun is, it will fade that from the last fadeable item (i.e. song). If the overrun is longer than the last segment, you'll need to turn the last 2 to songs - but Myriad my drop one totally to shave less time off of the other.
Basically you need to make sure these carts are timed so they don't overrun too much.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums