Myriad on the Web

Myriad on the Web

Author
gnelmes
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I've had some great advice here so thanks for helping an innocent abroad! I wanted to make a database of Myriad music so that presenters can access this online. This I have managed to do but it will need updating every time there ae additions to the system.

My question is. Is it possible to have a version of Myriad online that access the main database but has only read access. Clearly it would have to be password protected. Has anyone attempted something like this. I would be grateful for any guidance. Thanks in advance,
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,

What sort of things do you want to access - is it just to be able to do a simple browse of the Audiowall, or something more in depth?

We did put together a simple web based Audiowall browser years ago, but it was really more for other applications to be able to read data from Myriad grammatically, but it did have a basic look and feel that you could browse. in terms of securing it, you can just use IIS security to give a basic level of username and password, so only users with the details could log in.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

gnelmes
gnelmes
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Thanks for the reply.

What we want to achieved is for presenters to see what tracks are on the system from home. i.e. search the audiowall.  This to overcome the problem of finding the track you want is not in the library.

Any advice would be appreciated.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search