Are we placing these wait for time markers correctly?

Are we placing these wait for time markers correctly?

Author
Anorak Jim
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have a news intro with bed as one complete audio file and have placed a wait for time marker at 00:59:50:00 which works fine on starting the cart at the correct time however we have placed another wait for time marker into the beginning of the next hour at 00:02:15:00 as this is when the news bed and out tag finish. 

The reason I feel this isn't right is because the news intro and bed file are technically in the previous hour to stat at 00:59:50:00 it seems to mess up the next hours "total music time" for example I thought that if you placed a wait for time marker at the beginning of the next hour set for say 02:15 past the hour and had a total music time of 60 minutes then I was expecting the total music time to adjust to 62+ minutes with the time marker included into the said hour if this makes sense.

I have attached a screen grab to show what we have done and if its right or wrong, this is a test clock so there are no hardware events on yet, thanks.

http://forum.psquared.net/uploads/images/844104f0-0b1e-4549-aca8-dcd7.jpg

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)Forum Sage (282K reputation)

I don't put an absolute time marker to start my hour, only to bring the news in on time at the end EG 00:59:50:00
I think if you remove the second marker it should work ok, the next hour should auto start when your news jingle ends.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

ArroweSound
ArroweSound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)Forum Sage (6.9K reputation)

Remove your absolute time marker at the start of your next hour, that will fix your problem :-)

Anorak Jim
Anorak Jim
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Thanks for the help guys - That did the trick
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search