Audio Not importing onto 4 particular Carts

Audio Not importing onto 4 particular Carts

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We record our evening shows, and using Auto Importer, the WAV files get imported onto 4 carts, one for each hour, which are already in a clock to repeat the following day.  It has worked absolutely fine for the last 3 months.

That was until last night.  Auto Importer emailed me with messages such as

The File "Z:\11 HRB Replay\1207 - weekdays 2000 - 2100.wav" did not import (will retry) into Cart 1207 at 10/10/2015 08:38:43

The reason given was: the current Cart is in use/locked by an application, import will be re-tried

When I tried to import the file directly onto the cart in Myriad Playout or delete the cart that is already there I got the errorhttp://forum.psquared.net/uploads/images/91ceeb5c-542c-408b-98ee-5314.jpg:
I tried importing a different file onto one of the four carts and I get the same error.  I tried importing the four files onto four different carts and they work fine so it would appear to be a problem with thecarts themselves.
I trieed moving one of the four carts to another cart and get the error
http://forum.psquared.net/uploads/images/92663c8e-9922-42cf-8100-21dc.jpg

It appears to be these four carts that are the problem but I have no idea what has caused it or how to put it right!
Neil

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

It's not just these four carts, this morning's two carts have the same issues.  I'm thinking a server reboot may be the next step?

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

Usually a restart of all Myriad machines will clear whatever lock is hampering the problems.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,
that looks like a Windows file locking problem, i.e. windows thinks that the files are in use still by an application. If you Open "Computer Management" and look at "Shared Folders" > "Open Files" you can see if it's the Server or client machine(s) that might not be clearing the file locks properly.

However as you (and Craig) have already considered a reboot of everything is the first place to try.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

A reboot of the server seems to have sorted that issue.  It was also starting to happen on carts in the voicetracking range.  I had deleted loads oif carts, but when I was trying to import new stuff onto the now empty carts, it wasn't having it.  After I rebooted the server, Myriad started to put back all the carts that had been deleted (until I re-deleted the now blank carts).

So problem solved anyway, until I got home and found one of today's repeat recordings will not import.  Not because of the cart being locked this time, but because the file its trying to import seems to have become locked on the server where it is saved!  Unfortunately, the server is not on Teamviewer.

So it seems we may have a wider issue with computers suddenly deciding to lock files for some reason!

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,

just some general advice at this stage then I'm afraid:

Have you applied any Windows Updates recently? Can you roll back to before to see if the problem goes away?
Do you need to apply updates (have they not been done for a while)?
Do you do regular virus scanning?
Do you have any newer OS that you have introduced onto the network accessing those machines? Could they be locking the files differently to all the others?

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums