Basics of Execute Commands

Basics of Execute Commands

Author
SamTulipRadio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi there, I'm looking for a bit of advice on using the execute commands within Myriad v3. I understand the concept, and how the commands are written, but I feel like there's something major I'm missing as I can't see them working.

I created a command that would hopefully switch the Log mode from Auto to Live, then assigned that command to an upcoming cart to test. I tried:
<PEP_LIVE>
and
IF (LOGMODE=AUTO) <PEP_LIVE>

Neither of these gave me any results. I used each of them separately, there was only one command being used at a time. 

Could anybody give me any pointers for using these commands?

Cheers
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)

Hi,

Try this:-

IF (LOGMODE<>AUTOFAE) LOG MODE LIVE

It is a macro command and it worked for me in v4 so should work in v3 I believe. If you assign it to a cart that cart needs to contain at least 0.5 seconds of audio which can of course be silence.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
SamTulipRadio
SamTulipRadio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Thanks for that, Matt. I'll try it how you said and see how I get on. 

I was assigning the command to a cart and then taking it from the Audiowall into the log, would it make a difference if the cart had previously been dragged into the log?

Thanks again

Sam
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)

i believe it still needs to be 0.5 in length rather than a text only cart.

This may have stopped it working previously.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
SamTulipRadio
SamTulipRadio
Forum Sage

The previous cart was a voice link, about 20 odd seconds if memory serves. 

I'll try out some other commands and see if I get any joy.

Thanks for all your help.

Sam
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search