Tascam US 16x08 usb soundcard

Tascam US 16x08 usb soundcard

Author
wishing well
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

Our delta 1010 died and we got a Tascam US 16x08 usb sound card to replace it thinking it would be easy to set up however, after banging my head against the wall its not proving to be the case. I was hoping that some one on the forum might be able to offer some advise/guidance on how to configure it. We are running it on windows 7 with myriad 3.something.
I have connected the leads from the tascam to our mixer desk leads 1 and 2 from the tascam to fader 1, leads 3 and 4 from the tascam  to fader 2 etc etc
We are getting sound through to the mixer desk but cannot configure it so that the audio from cart 1 plays through only fader 1 you can play it through any of the four faders.

Any thoughts on how to set it up so that fader 1 plays cart1 only fader 2 plays cart 2 only and so on would be very welcome.

please forgive me if I do not reply to any questions about the above  speedily as  I'm away for two weeks with limited access to  the internet plus I may have to be in the studio to refer to the tascam set up.

Kind regards

Dave

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Dave,

there are many soundcards on the planet and we unfortunately don't have time to test all of them for compatibility.

If you look in the Windows sound settings (in control panel), does it list multiple outputs for the same device?

If yes, then in the Myriad Audio Settings you should be able to set each cart player to come out of the different outputs.
If NO, (it may just list it as SPEAKERS) then I'm afraid that device is not suitable, and unless the manufacturer has a different Windows Driver, it will not work with Myriad v3.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
With Myriad v4 we wrote an entirely new way of working with devices that expose as a single device with 8 channels, so if you're considering moving to Myriad v4 then that may well resolve your issue at the same time - if you wanted an evaluation version to test it just drop sales@psquared.net a line

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

wishing well
wishing well
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Hi David,

Many thanks to the response to my plea for help.

I will go and have a look at the windows sound setting and see what can be done.

Kind regards

Dave 
wishing well
wishing well
Forum Sage

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Should we have no joy with David's suggestion then we may have to investigate an upgrade to v4

Regards

Dave
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search