Broadcast Radio Forums

Tascam US 16x08 usb soundcard

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic8355.aspx

By wishing well - Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:01:24 PM

Hi All,

Our delta 1010 died and we got a Tascam US 16x08 usb sound card to replace it thinking it would be easy to set up however, after banging my head against the wall its not proving to be the case. I was hoping that some one on the forum might be able to offer some advise/guidance on how to configure it. We are running it on windows 7 with myriad 3.something.
I have connected the leads from the tascam to our mixer desk leads 1 and 2 from the tascam to fader 1, leads 3 and 4 from the tascam  to fader 2 etc etc
We are getting sound through to the mixer desk but cannot configure it so that the audio from cart 1 plays through only fader 1 you can play it through any of the four faders.

Any thoughts on how to set it up so that fader 1 plays cart1 only fader 2 plays cart 2 only and so on would be very welcome.

please forgive me if I do not reply to any questions about the above  speedily as  I'm away for two weeks with limited access to  the internet plus I may have to be in the studio to refer to the tascam set up.

Kind regards

Dave

By wishing well - Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:23:07 PM

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Should we have no joy with David's suggestion then we may have to investigate an upgrade to v4

Regards

Dave