Myriad Emergency Repair Tool - SQL String change

Myriad Emergency Repair Tool - SQL String change

Author
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have moved my Myriad Logs and DB's from SQL2008R2 Express to SQL 2012 Standard.  I backed these up manually, detached the database and log files, connected them to another instance on SQL2012 STD.  This all went smooth.  The only change was the instance name I connected the DB's and LOG's to and the version in the SQL connection string from 10 to 11.

The issue I had was that I was unable to change any settings in the Emergency repair tool for the SQL instance as it crashed because it was trying to find the old instance name.

I managed to tweak the registry locally to get this working in the end.  Please can this tool be looked at for v4.0.23

Many thanks
Shane

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Another issue that I've spotted is with Auto Importer, it's picking up an SQL connection string that I can't find in the registry.  All other changes that I have made have worked.   

Any ideas how to repair this, I've used the repair facility.

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Any ideas's on this as I'm unable to get Auto Importer v4 to work, this is picking up the wrong SQL string.  I can confirm that Myriad, Autotrack, Myriad Manager and OCP are all working without issue once the registry was tweaked.

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I have uninstalled 'Auto Importer', deleted the registry keys, reinstalled.  This time a configuration screen for the SQL connection was available.  I typed the SERVER\Instance as this wasn't shown in the available connection, even though I was on the server, this connected to Myrad4Data and looked to be working.  Upon closing the application and reopening its now looking for a different instance name, not what I typed.  I have checked the registry keys and this shows SERVER\SQLExpress, this doesn't even exist on my server, it's also showing the wrong version of SQL, I'm using 11 (SQL 2012STD).

I would assume from the above this is a bug.  At this moment in time with my configuration I'm unable to use 'Auto Importer'.  I am more than happy for someone to take a look, please let me know if you require any support files, screenshots etc...

Many thanks
Shane

Edited
9 Years Ago by showbizshane
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Shane,
sounds like an obvious one, can you check to make sure you are on the same version number of Auto Importer as the other Myriad applications, worth also checking the "Build date" in case these are different.

Check on the website and make sure the downloads are from the same package.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look and get back with an update.

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

These are all on the same version 4.0.24......

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Hi Shane,
Ok, but are they all the same "Build Date / Time" - sometimes when versions are released as Beta versions they are built and then refreshed, so if you have downloaded the same version but on different build dates - this can cause issues. You can find the "Build Date" right next to the version number in Help>About. 

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Thanks for the update, I'll check later this afternoon.  It seems strange that the instance I need to connect to in Auto Imported is not listed so I'm manually typing this in.  I will also try the advanced string to see if this makes any difference as well as checking the builds.  I can confirm that Myriad, Autotrack, Advert Manager and OCP are working without issue once I tweaked the registry as I couldn't change the SQL string in the emergency setup program,

Many thanks
Shane

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)Forum Sage (520K reputation)

HI Shane,

I suspect at this point it will need some more hands and eyes from us to help with this one - can you raise a support ticket and we'll pick it up there?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search