Music sweep from a common era

Music sweep from a common era

Author
jonesmat
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi. I am setting up a clock for a show which has a music sweep of four or five songs from a defined era (60s, 70s etc). Each song in the library has era classifications, and each song is a member of our four main rotational categories, A list, B list, C list, Local music (or Held)

Seems quite simple to do, but the results are not as expected.

In the clock, I set up each song selection with just an "era" criteria and leave the category unselected. When Autotrack comes to schedule the hour, it seems to be imposing a category selection according to the rules that are in place at the time. This causes lots of unscheduled songs (because our A list is new music and we don't have any 60s in the A-list).

Is there a rule (or a temporary set of rules) I can apply to make the era selection be made from ANY category?

Thanks in advance!

Matt Jones
Radio Verulam

Matt Jones
Radio Verulam

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Matt,

What you can do is produce a 'clock rule' where the only categories it selects from is the B and C list if these contain the majority of your 60s-90s songs. You can then assign that clock rule to a particular point in a clock. At the end of the sweep you can change the clock rule back to your default one and it will continue to schedule as normal.

cheers - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search