Advantech Driver Problem

Advantech Driver Problem

Author
NAR
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have recently upgraded 3 machines to Win 7 64 bit, after advice from PSquared, the only problem is one question was not asked, I asked if Win 7 64 bit was supported I was told no as card manufacturers may not produce 64 bit driver, I then asked if drivers are available for Win 7 64 bit are we OK to use 64 bit, I was told yes, the M Audio 1010 installed no problem, the Advantech 1750 Installed no problem, Myriad installed no problem, but when I came to run Myriad 3.6.6 I got an error indicating an Advantech dll was missing, after speaking to Advantech they said Myriad was asking for a 32 bit driver, I then contacted PSquared and was then told that Myriad uses legacy drivers (32 bit) and not the up to date Advantech drivers which I was led to believe would work

We use the Advantech 1750 card to switch to news on pin 17

If any one has any help, advice or solutions, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Martin
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

We tried this as well, couldn't get it to work, so reinstalled the 33 bit OS and it works, seems a shame to lose all that extra memory,
but until we can all find a driver we are stuck on 32 bit.

its the advantech driver that causes us all the errors.

I did hear a rumour that it can be done, but have yet to try myself

If you email Phil who works for transplan UK, he maybe able to give you more information on this,
as he told me it could be done a few weeks after we did our re-install!

Good luck and keep us all updated !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

V4.0.19 introduced 64 bit support for Advantech drivers.  If your not running that version and need to control an Advantech card then you are locked into 32 bit versions of Windows.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Craig Arthur
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

do you mean that V4.0.19 of Myriad ? introduced the driver ?
or Advantechs own V4 driver ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

4.0.19 of Myriad.  Previously it didn't work for some reason, it was the only thing stopping us from using x64 on our automation machines at Radio Royal as they have Advantech cards in them.

From the updates file for V4.0.19:
"
Addedsupport for Advantech DAQNavi Device Drivers (allows Advantech cards to work on32bit or 64bit versions of Windows)."

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi All,

Full details of our OS support is available at http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/os-support.aspx - which notes that we support 32 bit, but not 64 bit for exactly this reason. Sadly Advantec have not released an ADSAPI driver for 64 bit environments and this is the version that Myriad v4.0.18 and earlier uses.

Myriad v4.0.19 adds in support for the Advantech DAQNavi drivers which is their 32 and 64 bit compatible driver.

As far as we know Myriad itself runs fine on 64 bit (I personally have it on my laptop, and we have several machines round the office that run 64 bit) but then none of these are used for "broadcast" use and just have on board soundcards, and no hardware cards of course.

So as our Support team noted originally we don't support running on 64 bit versions of windows because of manufacturer difficulties like this - 32 bit is the recommended platform and should be used wherever possible.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search