Lost Carts - Please resolve - AutoTrack Pro 4.0.18 - Moving carts using AutoTrack

Lost Carts - Please resolve - AutoTrack Pro 4.0.18 - Moving carts...

Author
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm now in the middle of re-organizing the AudioWall via Autotrack.  I am having a issues moving carts that when searched for in Auto Track show a red arrow and a cross through, to my understanding this means 'no audio' however they play in both the Audiowall and Autotrack any may have been created with previous versions of Myriad from v2.6. 

When these tracks are moved using :- reports & stats -> Range xxxx to xxxx -> Move selected carts, this happens so quick and the moves the data, the issue appears to be that the audio is not moved so the carts it's supposed to be moved to show red crosses and have no audio!!  I have checked the AudioWall WAV/MP3 files and the moved cart Audio doesn't exist.

I have also noticed when deleting the moved carts with no audio in Reports and Stats  a warning is displayed:-
"Cart xxxx (new location) has been deleted, would you like song xxxx (old location) to be deleted from the Database as well"

I have attached screen-shots.  Is this a BUG or do I need to send a support ticket?  So far I have lost over 200 carts by moving them within Autotrack!!

Many thanks
Shane
Attachments
4 Old Location AudioWall.JPG (298 views, 18.00 KB)
5 AudioWall New location.JPG (304 views, 14.00 KB)
6 Reports and Stats 1.JPG (272 views, 34.00 KB)
7 About to move cart.JPG (293 views, 33.00 KB)
8 warning1.JPG (292 views, 33.00 KB)
9 warning2.JPG (305 views, 23.00 KB)
10 Confirmation of move.JPG (289 views, 7.00 KB)
11 New Location NO audio.JPG (309 views, 18.00 KB)
12 Database 8801 but no Audio.JPG (282 views, 35.00 KB)
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

Hi Shane, I dont move carts like you: When these tracks are moved using :- reports & stats -> Range xxxx to xxxx -> Move selected carts

I use Autotrack but select the carts in the Display carts, I simply select which carts I want to move and move to the new position.
Then I do a playlist update and they all move to their new carts and then show correctly in the log etc.

Remember to say yes or no to jump over carts that are already used.
I kep my new/imported songs at 60000, when I have edited them, I do the move and then add the picture last, as the picture doesnt always move with the cart, sometimes they stay behind in an alternate cart!

Let us know how you get on and you may have found a bug!!

PS, we are on V3.6

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

To confirm,

Tracks that have been ripped in AutoTrack v4 and show the green arrow have no issues when moving, it's only the tracks that show the red arrow that were ripped with previous versions of AudioWall, AutoTrack.  I have run a cart report and I have currently have 1955 "songs that are missing audio from the playout system" but they do play in Myriad Playout and AutoTrack but can't be moved due to this issue reported.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Time to raise a support ticket....
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Shane,

Try running the audiowall verification tool from the audio wall tools menu in playout. 

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Thanks will now try that and will update you with the results.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

The Audiowall is v4.0 compliant but still showing carts with red arrows in AutoTrack v4.0.18 with a strike through as if no audio but they do play from Playout and AutoTrack.  I'll try moving one of the tracks again to see if moving is now resolved.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Same issue audio has vanished and cart shows red cross in Playout, AutoTrack database details are correct though but no audio after moving.
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Shane,

have a look in the audiowall folder at the files that aren't moving correctly and see if you have permissions on the files to read / write. The move procedure just renames the file, so if some of them are moving and others aren't then it could be a file permission problem.

If they were transferred at some point from an older system or backup (especially CD ROM), the security could have been changed on the files.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

The issue was that my Anti-Virus (Scan on access) didn't exclude extensions *.old and *.wav~.  Once these were added the file copying worked without issue.

Not sure if this is a BUG but mp3's show as the Green arrow and WAV's as a Red arrow and when hovered over show a red circle with a cross through in Autotrack 4.0.18.  I have checked the dates of the WAV's and these are mostly from 2007.  The red-cross through is no audio? but they do play in both Playout and AutoTrack.

Many thanks
Shane
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search