How do you make more space in the audio wall for song category`s

How do you make more space in the audio wall for song category`s

Author
Anorak Jim
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Our audio wall is running out of space in some category (1000 carts for the noughtys) we need to add more to this category but they are soon going to crash into the 2010 and so on  category. I just wanted to ask if its an easy task to add more blank carts and what the best way to go about it was. as say for instance the noughtys category runs from cart number 2000 to 3000 and from 3000 the 2010 and so on category runs up to cart number 4500 if I add more empty carts to the noughtys category then does it just push everything else down within the audio wall?

We are using Myriad v3.5 with autotrack Thanks for any help with this.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Anorak Jim
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

I always found the best way is just to add everything in chronological order to the audio wall and then use the database tab to "sort" your music.  That way you don't limit yourself to artificial limits you can't change easily later.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Craig Arthur
Andy Read
Andy Read
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)

Hi,

Adding more cart positions doesn't actually move any audio, it just says to the system there are more cart numbers to play with.

We went through a similar exercise a few years ago and have held pretty steady since. We're currently on about 29,000 available cart positions. We increased it by about 5,000 the last time.

Deciding on the size of each category is paramount really, as a Mass Move later on could cause headaches. Originally, our wall had all the decades early in the numbering, followed by categories like country, jazz etc. But, I then moved all the categories which would hardly grow, to the earlier parts (With a small'ish growth area each), followed by the decade categories. Which means, when 2010's is up, each decade can then just be added to the end.

Andy

Andy Read
Hospital Radio Bedside - Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Wimborne
Anorak Jim
Anorak Jim
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)Forum Sage (9.9K reputation)

Thanks Craig and Andy for the pointers, Looks like it will have to be a mass move but will have to make a note where everything is for each category and work from the stuff that's at the end of the wall working backwards as if I make more available carts from the beginning of the wall they will end up hitting into the category along, Nightmare. 

I think the best way to do this would be in in auto-track as this updates myriad at the same time rather than do it in Myriad and find that its messed things up in auto-track.

Thanks again.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search