Broadcast Radio Forums

How do you make more space in the audio wall for song category`s

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic7507.aspx

By Anorak Jim - Monday, February 3, 2014 4:44:45 PM

Our audio wall is running out of space in some category (1000 carts for the noughtys) we need to add more to this category but they are soon going to crash into the 2010 and so on  category. I just wanted to ask if its an easy task to add more blank carts and what the best way to go about it was. as say for instance the noughtys category runs from cart number 2000 to 3000 and from 3000 the 2010 and so on category runs up to cart number 4500 if I add more empty carts to the noughtys category then does it just push everything else down within the audio wall?

We are using Myriad v3.5 with autotrack Thanks for any help with this.
By Anorak Jim - Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:18:52 PM

Thanks Craig and Andy for the pointers, Looks like it will have to be a mass move but will have to make a note where everything is for each category and work from the stuff that's at the end of the wall working backwards as if I make more available carts from the beginning of the wall they will end up hitting into the category along, Nightmare. 

I think the best way to do this would be in in auto-track as this updates myriad at the same time rather than do it in Myriad and find that its messed things up in auto-track.

Thanks again.