Posting to Facebook and Twitter

Posting to Facebook and Twitter

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have configured Myriad to send social media posts to OCP and these are being received by OCP correctly.

I have configured the Facebook and Twitter accounts correctly in OCP and received the authorisation requests from both.

In OCP, for both the Facebook and Twitter configurations, I have removed the default formatting as I don't want to send any now playing information. I have replaced it with <OCP_SPECIAL_LASTSOCIALPOST>. The preview screens indicate that the correct information is being received. The problem is that the posts are not appearing on Facebook or Twitter.

I have tried sending manual posts from OCP and these are not getting through either. What I am doing wrong?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Gavin,

The "LastSocialPost" field is for posts sent manually via the button on RHS of the Players bar in Myriad - when you click this button it sends the message to OCP, which then sends it using a different set of authorisation codes meaning you can actually send to a different twitter feed/facebook etc. than the Now Playing info.

So you don't need to add a Facebook or twitter output to the output list just for manual posts - the list is only used for now playing info, and therefore is only updated when that list is updated when a new item starts playing, or if the log is changed.

In terms of why it's not working though, First thing to check is to make sure that you have the Microsoft .NET framework v3.5 installed - if still no joy then it's probably time to run in debugmode then give support a call and they can take it further Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Thanks Peter,

I removed the default formatting information since I didn't want to bombard Facebook and Twitter feeds every time a track changed.

Ideally, what I am trying to do is schedule Facebook posts in the log to announce up and coming shows. It gets as far as OCP but no further.

I do have Microsoft .NET framework installed but it is version 4.5.1. I'm not sure what application installed it but I have very little installed on the PC apart from OCP.

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

HI Gavin,

You will need to install .net framework 3.5 then - MS.NET frameworks aren't backward compatible, so applications built with .net3.5 will need to have that installed - it's a fairly straightforward process, but make sure you run Windows update afterwards to get all the latest security updates too!

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

We have our face book page setup via one of our members and certain people have been made admin,
I think that we won't be able to configure this in V4 due to the way we have our face book setup.
Twitter will be fine as that is a dedicated station account.

any one agree with me ???

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Hi Paul,

From what I have discovered in trying to get this setup you should be fine.

The issue I had was that I setup the HotHitsUK Facebook page as a dedicated account rather than a page from my personal account. This meant that our Facebook account does not have a WALL. Since the Facebook poster plugin was origianlly desinged to only post to WALLs it didn't work for us.

P Squared have since updated OCP so that you can now post to a page or a wall although it still doesn't work from the log; although the latest release 4.21 should fix this, so I'm told.

Hope this helps.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Thanks for that Gavin, I'll let you know how we get on !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Yes Gavin is spot on - v4.0.21 includes support for posting Now Playing information to specific pages or to walls whichever you prefer - however this is only for "Now Playing" information - the manual Social Post button or from the Log is still only direct to Walls. This is something we're still working on and will hopefully have some news soon!

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

I wonder if v4.0.21 will be given the all clear by next Friday as that's our install day for V4 !

Keep us all updated on this version;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Hi All,

Good news - OCP has been re-released now with the ability to post Social Media Messages to Facebook Walls OR to pages - http://forum.psquared.net/FindPost7692.aspx

Cheers!

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search