OCP to TuneIn

OCP to TuneIn

Author
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hello,

Our station is listed on TuneIn and I have received the necessary credential from them to allow the track information to be sent to them via their API. The Station ID,  PartnerID and Partner Key  have all been entered correctly and I don't get any errors so everything appears to be setup correctly but the track information is not displayed on the TuneIn apps.

I have sent screenshots of the OCP configuration to TuneIn and they have confirmed that they are correct. OCP is working correctly as it is sending trackinformation to the ShoutCast Server and our studio clock so I'm not sure whatelse I can try. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Edited
11 Years Ago by GavinD
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi gavin,

There is a problem we've seen with some users of OCP not showing on TuneIn correctly due to a missing ? in the info being sent to Tunein

In OCP, if you open up the TuneIn output, then type a ? at the end of the /Playing.ashx - so it now reads /Playing.ashx?

Then on the Other Strings Tab, change the ? at the start of the text box to a & instead - so it now reads &partnerId=......

That should get you up and running Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Thanks Peter,

I was hopeful that your suggestions might work but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference. Is there anything else I can try?

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)Forum Sage (521K reputation)

That's the main one I'm afraid. Next step would be to run in debug mode then we can look at the debug files - you're welcome to post them here, but I would recommend blanking out any Station ID/Key info otherwise someone will hijack your station! Otherwise if you raise it with support that will likely be easiest Smile

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

OK, How do I run OCP in debug mode?

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

If you edit the shortcut properties and put /debug on the end of the "...MyriadOCP4.EXE" - but outside any quote marks - e.g. ....MyriadOCP4.EXE" /DEBUG

then restart OCP and you should see files appearing in the c:\DebugFiles folder - the key one you want is the MyriadOCP4.XXXXX.LOG file. In there will be information about the strings being sent to TuneIn

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Thanks Peter. I have PM'ed you.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Looks like the ? at the end of the /Playing.ashx and & in front off the partnerID did the trick.

A point to note....The TuneIn website updates almost straight away. I was checking it on the TuneIn app on my phone which still isn't working but I guess this is a TuneIn problem and will eventually catch up.

Gavin

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search