Delta 1010LT Issues

Delta 1010LT Issues

Author
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi guys, just purchased two of these cards for our playout systems at out station, the first one installed without a problem and works perfectly. 

The one in the second system in our main studio for some reason has an issue which has had me losing my marbles all day. 

The card and drivers are installed, windows sees the card as does myriad and all the carts are assigned (car 1 to ouputs 1+2 etc) however when I click go on a cart if refuses to play any audio, the track wont launch and basically just refuses to do anything. I tried windows media player with a wav file and the same happens, it refuses to play.

Its the latest version of myriad running on a windows 7 professional 32 bit pc

Any help would be appreciated
John-Michael Sugden
John-Michael Sugden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)

Hi Recardo,

There are a couple of possibilities here, the first is a driver issue. I would Recommend uninstalling the current driver and installing our tested windows 7 driver which can be found here:

http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/drivers-utilities/hardware-drivers.aspx

If that doesn't help then i suspect you have a IRQ conflict or socket seating problem, easiest way to deal with these is to shutdown the machine and move the sound card from the PCI socket it is currently fitted in and swap it to another.

Hope this helps,

John-Michael

Recardo
Recardo
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)Forum Sage (5.3K reputation)

Hi John-Michael,

Unfortunately the PC only has one PCI slot so I cant try it in another slot, the card itself works fine as I tested it in another system. I havew tried taking it out and reseating it and it hasnt solved the problem.

I also disabled the onboard card in the BIOS and tried uninstalling the Delta drivers and installing the ones that you reccomend and the situation is still the same. I cant change the IRQ assignments on the system for some reason, I suspect its a BIOS setting but cannot find an option for PnP OS or similar.

Anything else you suggest.

thanks

Richard 
Jonathan Penn
Jonathan Penn
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)

Hi,

It sounds to me like a conflict with the motherboard or Bios, I would suggest a BIOS update for the motherboard if all the other things didn't work. If that doesn't work then to me that would suggest and incompatibility with the motherboard itself.

Jonathan Penn

Broadcast Radio Support Engineer
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search