Cart Title not updating

Cart Title not updating

Author
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have come across an issue upon editing an existing cart.  I am trying to update a song title but it keeps reverting back ie

the wonder of you -> change to -> The Wonder Of You. 

Once I applied the change in AutoTrack Prov4 it changed the case back to lowercase after selecting apply/ok.  I even tried to correct the case again and the send the updated change to the Audiowall, this also didn't make the change in the 'Audiowall'

I then opened the track in the audiowall and used smoothedit to change the case.  Upon loading AutoTrack the case was back to lowercase??

Many thanks
Shane
Jonathan Penn
Jonathan Penn
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)Forum Sage (5.8K reputation)

Hi Shane,

I've just had a quick look at this and I don't seem to suffer from the same affliction. Could it be possible that there are permission issues between the account you are using and SQL or possibly the permissions that are set on your login account on Myriad manager??

Regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Penn

Broadcast Radio Support Engineer
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Ok will re-check.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

After futher testing I can confirm I still am having the same issue.  I have full admin permissions in Directory Manager.

I can confirm that I can add to the tiles and delete from the titles but I can't change the case and can edit the cart and save without any issues for other fields.

The permissions on the AUDIO location look correct to me as I can edit/delete and add new audio.

Could their be a permission in the SQL Database I need to tick,  I can confirm that I'm SysAdmin and Public for security.  I did add the tick box to eable to add tables during setup.  Maybe I need to review this...
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I have checked SQL settings and these look correct to me.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I have an SQL friend looking at this issue and Myriad DB is creating additional records in the song titles Table not amending the current record provided the text is diffrent however capitalisations are not being applied.
Edited
11 Years Ago by showbizshane
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

To re-confirm:-

"If you edit a song:

Changing the song title without changing any additional letters or words, i.e changing “this is a title” to “This Is A Title” does not perform any update at all, not in the Myriad software or the database. Because of this, when the data refreshes the changes are lost and it becomes “this is a title” again.

However, if you change a letter, i.e changing “This is a title” to “This is a new title” instead of performing an update, the database adds a new record to the SongsTitles table. When the list if refreshed, the data is picked up from the new record.

In SQL:

If updating a song title (in other words a song already exists) any changes should perform an UPDATE and not an INSERT when applying the changes"

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

AutoTrack v4.0.15
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

Also to add this is a v3 to v4 upgraded database.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)Forum Sage (522K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
HI Shane,

Is this on SQL 2012? If so can you try against a SQL 2008R2 instance - we currently only support and recommend 2008R2 as we have not completed any significant testing against SQL 2012 yet.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search