Broadcast Radio Forums

Cart Title not updating

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6960.aspx

By showbizshane - Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:52:03 PM

To re-confirm:-

"If you edit a song:

Changing the song title without changing any additional letters or words, i.e changing “this is a title” to “This Is A Title” does not perform any update at all, not in the Myriad software or the database. Because of this, when the data refreshes the changes are lost and it becomes “this is a title” again.

However, if you change a letter, i.e changing “This is a title” to “This is a new title” instead of performing an update, the database adds a new record to the SongsTitles table. When the list if refreshed, the data is picked up from the new record.

In SQL:

If updating a song title (in other words a song already exists) any changes should perform an UPDATE and not an INSERT when applying the changes"

By showbizshane - Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:54:30 PM

AutoTrack v4.0.15
By showbizshane - Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:09:13 PM

Also to add this is a v3 to v4 upgraded database.
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:29:43 AM

HI Shane,

Is this on SQL 2012? If so can you try against a SQL 2008R2 instance - we currently only support and recommend 2008R2 as we have not completed any significant testing against SQL 2012 yet.
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:41:24 AM

showbizshane (16/04/2013)
To re-confirm:-

In SQL:

If updating a song title (in other words a song already exists) any changes should perform an UPDATE and not an INSERT when applying the changes"

Just a follow up on this - INSERT is the correct behaviour in this case - you are creating a NEW song title when edit it, therefore it has to create a new record in the Song Titles table - this is because if that song title was ALSO in use on another song, you wouldn't want it to be edited on that one as well - therefore a new SongTitle record is created and the Song record is altered to use that SongTitle instead.
By showbizshane - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:05:39 AM

I have changed the compatiblilty levels in SQL from 2012 to 2008 and this didn't make any differece.  I will now try an 2008R2 instance and confirm the results.
By showbizshane - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:48:46 PM

I am still having the issue but now I'm using SQL SVR 2008R2 Express.

It must be something in the database causing this issue.  I can supply the AutoTrack v3 file if I can be provided with an upload link.  Any other ideas, I will try a new DB and see if I have the same issue, it will then rule out in import. 
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:03:14 PM

Hi Shane,

Actually, looking at it it is possible that this will happen as we query SQL to see if a title is already there, and if it is then the record isn't updated - and that query is case insensitive to make sure that plain text searching always comes back with the correct answers.

If you do need to correct casing, then if you go into Songs>Song Management you can edit the titles directly in there to correct casing.
By showbizshane - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:11:19 PM

This is doing the same in a new DB.

1/ Create new song - link to AudioWall to pull in Artist Title in the same case as the audio wall - This works
2/ Change the case in the song in AutoTrack and force the change to the Audiowall - This works but AutoTrack does not read the corrections made

Functaionality:- What happens now....

1/ Searching the cart in AutoTrack shows the incorrect case even after re-importing from the Audiowall to overwrite the details.
By showbizshane - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:14:59 PM

The reason why, and I'm not sure if rules have changed is that AutoTrack 3 saw the same artist with different case casuing same artist songs in a clock. Ie  Elvis Presley, elvis preseley, Elvis presley and elvis Presely.

I am trying to make sure that all artists in our DB are corrected and changes sent to the AudioWall or vice-versa.
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:18:10 PM

Hi Shane,

I don't think casing could have caused them to break artist separation - the artist separation is done by whether it's the same ArtistNumber, during scheduling we don't do any text matching. However a mistype would cause it - e.g. Elvis Presley vs Elvis Presely (I appreciate your typos above are accidental though!)
By showbizshane - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:20:53 PM

I have just made the change in Song Management and this works but from this screen I'm unable to update the cart on the audiowall with the title correction.  So as a feature request I would like to change this from the Cart if possible to correct casing this would save us alot of time as carts can be corrected in once place.
By showbizshane - Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:53:36 PM

I have come across an issue upon editing an existing cart.  I am trying to update a song title but it keeps reverting back ie

the wonder of you -> change to -> The Wonder Of You. 

Once I applied the change in AutoTrack Prov4 it changed the case back to lowercase after selecting apply/ok.  I even tried to correct the case again and the send the updated change to the Audiowall, this also didn't make the change in the 'Audiowall'

I then opened the track in the audiowall and used smoothedit to change the case.  Upon loading AutoTrack the case was back to lowercase??

Many thanks
Shane