Hardware/software interface for remote monitoring

Hardware/software interface for remote monitoring

Author
Matt
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi folks

Nothing related to Myriad, but I thought someone here might have some ideas for me.

I'm looking for a way of interfacing some of our monitoring gear to a PC and then triggering a command (batch file).

For example, sending the open/closed relay signal from our silence detector to some sort of USB/serial interface that would detect the closed contact and trigger some software running on the PC to run a batch file. Once I get the batch file triggered then I can do what I need to do (email alerts, etc).

We have a few bits of kit with outputs like this that I'd like to monitor (silence detector, current studio on-air, alarm system, etc). They've all got normally open relay outputs, but I have no way of interfacing these with a PC and associated software.

I'm trying to avoid building something myself, so does anyone know of any off-the-shelf hardware/software that will do what I need?

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
Phoenix Hospital Radio, Burton on Trent
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....