Bug when importing songs to a new cart using ATP v4

Bug when importing songs to a new cart using ATP v4

Author
glenmitch
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Think ive found quite a dangerous bug in V4 when imprting audio using ATP

I have set my cart range for songs in the settings which is 8001 - 14000.

I have followed the following method for importing a new song into the db & audio wall using ATP v4

Clicked on the import audio into cart icon on top row of cart.

Once the audio is imported it auto assigns a cart number in this case 10203

Problem being when I go to save record, it says that cart 10203 is already in use by song "song name" by "artist name" DO you wish to continue?

No clicked

But too late as audio already overwritten.

Seems ATP is not identifying empty carts properly and is overwriting songs, which is a very dangerous situation.

Please can you investigate & fix.

Glen Mitchell
Systems Manager
Hot Radio
Poole & Bournemouth
glen.mitchell@hot1028.com

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
hi Glen,

Is this the message box you are getting?

http://forum.psquared.net/Uploads/Images/4bf2acce-7389-4eac-b6ec-d88d.jpg

If so, this isn't saying that the Cart itself is already in use, but that Cart 3000 is already being used by ANOTHER song card (other than the one you are adding)

For reference purposes, when you click the button to do the import at the top of the Link or Song Card the process is :

1) Finds an empty cart on the Audiowall (it doesn't cross reference with the database to see if it's all ready being used by another card as that would slow the process down)

2) Fire up the normal Audio Import process to bring that audio into that cart (including Normalisation/AutoTop/AutoExtro/Preview generation etc).

(* At this point the Cart is now fully on the AudioWall even if you then cancel out of the Song Card *)

4) The Carts information is then read onto the Song Card filling in the Title/Artist etc. fields for you

5) You fill in any other info, then click OK to save

6) AutoTrack does a quick check just to see if any existing Song or Link cards are already using that Cart so it can warn you in case you end up with some odd results

7) The Song/Link Details are then saved to the database.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

glenmitch
glenmitch
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Peter

Yes that the dialogue box I was getting.

But why would it do this when I dont have any other records using those cart numbers?

I dont have a cart in more than 1 record.

Glen Mitchell
Systems Manager
Hot Radio
Poole & Bournemouth
glen.mitchell@hot1028.com

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
In that case, I'd like to try out your v4 Databases here - can you raise a Support Ticket with support@psquared.net and then send us a copy of your SQL Database using the Database Support File Creator (http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/drivers-utilities/p-squared-utilities.aspx#DBSupFileCreator) - please make sure you run this on the SQL Server itself as it cannot access the databases on a remote server.

Cheers

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search