Autotrack 4 problems

Autotrack 4 problems

Author
jinglemad
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have installed SQL, then Autotrack v4.

When I launch Autotrack I cannot select my current database so I choose File > Upgrade V3 Database. I select the folder with the database in Psquared\AUTOTRCK\DATABASEv3 and it does nothing.

If I select Psquared\AUTOTRCK it says "cannot open database "DATABASEv3-v40" requested by the login. The login failed" then hangs.

If I choose to create new database it says "one of more errors occurred during processing of command"

I'm at a loss as to what to do next, so I hope you can help. I can open a support ticket but I presume others might have this problem too so it might be best in here.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,

You're halfway there I think - PSquared\AutoTrck is the correct folder as thats where the actual DATABASEv3 file is.

Is this on the same PC as Myriad v3? If so then have you setup Multiple Profiles (see http://forum.psquared.net/6250/Running-Myriad-v3-and-Myriad-v4.0.9-on-the-same-computer Wink so that v4 has it's own configuration information and then make sure you tick to enable the SQL Server support when you select the second profile.

Can you check those over and then if give it another go?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

jinglemad
jinglemad
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)Forum Sage (2.9K reputation)

Hi 

I have removed v3 of Autotrack and Myriad Playout from both the scheduling machine (AT) and playout machine (Playout) and installed v4 on each respective machine.

I am still getting the same errors as the original post (see attached screen grab).

I seem to be going around in circles and the most annoying thing is, it's probably something obvious.

I repaired the database before deleting v3 and made a back-up of all folders.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!
Attachments
Untitled-1.gif (580 views, 11.00 KB)
Untitled-2.gif (631 views, 16.00 KB)
qnield
qnield
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)Forum Sage (403 reputation)

Pete,

I'm having the same problem, importing/upgrading a v3 database into v4! Its a copy on an external HD. No version of Autotrack v3 exists on this pc!

Ta

Q
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Q,

Is SQL running on the same PC as AutoTrack - if not, then we have seen this on some machines and seems to be some sort of lag in the way SQL Creates the database and then we start adding in the tables we use to identify databases.

Can you try moving AutoTrack onto the same machine as SQL and seeing if this then lets you create the database? You can always then release the license and move it back to where you need it afterward the DB is created

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

I am having the same issues.  I have SQL Server Std 2012 installed on our Server and have created additional profiles in Myriad for v4 for the SQL connection. 

I know that an installed instance works as I have tested using an UDL file from the client to the server.  I will try installing AutoTrack on our Server as suggest above to create the databases and then uninstall moving back to a client PC. 
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

I am available by phone at Hospital Radio if you'd like to have a remote session and check the install.
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

The database created when AutoTrack was installed on the Server.  This should really work from the client install though!
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

This works for SQL2012 Std with the following string

Data Source=SERVER\INSTANCENAME;Provider=SQLNCLI11;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;DataTypeCompatibility=80
showbizshane
showbizshane
Forum Sage

I also had to ensure the authenticated user had Create Table permissions for the Mayriad DB.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search