Broadcast Radio Forums

Autotrack 4 problems

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6281.aspx

By jinglemad - Monday, April 30, 2012 8:41:33 PM

Hi 

I have removed v3 of Autotrack and Myriad Playout from both the scheduling machine (AT) and playout machine (Playout) and installed v4 on each respective machine.

I am still getting the same errors as the original post (see attached screen grab).

I seem to be going around in circles and the most annoying thing is, it's probably something obvious.

I repaired the database before deleting v3 and made a back-up of all folders.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!
By qnield - Friday, January 18, 2013 6:06:18 PM

Pete,

I'm having the same problem, importing/upgrading a v3 database into v4! Its a copy on an external HD. No version of Autotrack v3 exists on this pc!

Ta

Q
By Peter Jarrett - Monday, January 21, 2013 9:24:11 AM

Hi Q,

Is SQL running on the same PC as AutoTrack - if not, then we have seen this on some machines and seems to be some sort of lag in the way SQL Creates the database and then we start adding in the tables we use to identify databases.

Can you try moving AutoTrack onto the same machine as SQL and seeing if this then lets you create the database? You can always then release the license and move it back to where you need it afterward the DB is created
By Matt Wade - Friday, April 19, 2013 11:11:02 AM

Hi Shane,

I am doing an install/upgrade on Sunday but using Windows 2008R2 32bit server standard and SQL2008 express. I am planning on installing Autotrack first as you say. Where do you set in the instance about adding a table for creation upon install?

Also when you say about Databases and LOGS on separate drives. Are you talking about system LOGs being on the C drive and then Myriad databases on the d: drive for instance?

ta - M
By showbizshane - Friday, April 19, 2013 2:12:13 PM

Hi Matt,

I managed to get it working with the current version of Myriad/AutoTrack

On your server install SQL Express with Tools 2008R2.  Once this is installed run the configuration.  For the instance I called mine Myriad.  During the setup you can choose where to store LOGS/DATABASES ect.  Ideally LOGS and DATABASES should be on seperate drives as the files are written at the same time, this will help performace.  Also to note if an Anti-Virus is running on your server you'll need to exclude scan on access for MDB and LDB files.  For my server at radio I installed another x2 hard-drives so I have C: OS  D: DATA E: DATABASES F:LOGS 

On the Clients install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Native Client before attempting to install AutoTrack or Myriad.

To test you SQL Express instance from a client you'll need to create a UDL file, example TEST.UDL.  This is to insure that you instance created on the server is visable to your Windows Logon.  If it isn't then installing Myriad/AutoTrack will fail when you try to connect to the instance with Logon denied...
By Matt Wade - Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:19:17 PM

We have installed but on the client machine I am getting

"sql server network interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]." when I load up Autotrack so am not getting very far.

M
By showbizshane - Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:55:13 PM

Matt,

Please check the firewall ports are open on the server and all end clients for use with SQL.  Also ensure that TCP/IP is enabled on the SQL instance in the SQL Configuration Manager.  Don't forget to start SQL Browser service.

You may also want to check the sysadmins permission (Security) in SQL as if you are using Windows Authenciation as the server would as it's current user and if in an AD you want to add you Myriad users group to this as well.
By Peter Jarrett - Monday, April 22, 2013 9:42:31 AM

Hi Matt,

Just as Shane says, check the firewall - easiest is to "allow the program" for the SQL Service - The Server Service for SQL2008R2 is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Binn\Sqlservr.exe

You also need to open a port for the Browser service on 1434 - or alternatively "allow the program" for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe"

Check tha TCP/IP access is enabled, and don't forget to restart the SQL Server Service to make any changes visible.

After that it's usually a User account issue - if you don't have a domain, then if you are running with Windows Authentication, make sure you add a user to the "Users and Computers" on the computer running SQL, then in SQL Management studio add that "Login" and set as having "Sysadmin" rights - as always, this isn't actually best Microsoft Security practice, but does get you going, and you can always tighten down security later.
By jinglemad - Saturday, April 28, 2012 1:51:12 PM

I have installed SQL, then Autotrack v4.

When I launch Autotrack I cannot select my current database so I choose File > Upgrade V3 Database. I select the folder with the database in Psquared\AUTOTRCK\DATABASEv3 and it does nothing.

If I select Psquared\AUTOTRCK it says "cannot open database "DATABASEv3-v40" requested by the login. The login failed" then hangs.

If I choose to create new database it says "one of more errors occurred during processing of command"

I'm at a loss as to what to do next, so I hope you can help. I can open a support ticket but I presume others might have this problem too so it might be best in here.
By showbizshane - Monday, April 15, 2013 3:58:16 PM

I am having the same issues.  I have SQL Server Std 2012 installed on our Server and have created additional profiles in Myriad for v4 for the SQL connection. 

I know that an installed instance works as I have tested using an UDL file from the client to the server.  I will try installing AutoTrack on our Server as suggest above to create the databases and then uninstall moving back to a client PC. 
By showbizshane - Monday, April 15, 2013 3:59:49 PM

I am available by phone at Hospital Radio if you'd like to have a remote session and check the install.
By showbizshane - Monday, April 15, 2013 4:20:47 PM

The database created when AutoTrack was installed on the Server.  This should really work from the client install though!
By showbizshane - Monday, April 15, 2013 4:52:38 PM

This works for SQL2012 Std with the following string

Data Source=SERVER\INSTANCENAME;Provider=SQLNCLI11;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;DataTypeCompatibility=80
By showbizshane - Monday, April 15, 2013 7:04:03 PM

I also had to ensure the authenticated user had Create Table permissions for the Mayriad DB.
By showbizshane - Monday, April 15, 2013 9:08:55 PM

All working now.  What a headache!! 

I would suggest AutoTrack is installed before Myriad Playout as a database has to be linked if using SQL.  You also need to ensure that you can see the SQL instance from the Client PC.  Test with using a UDL file helps, also ensure that the firewall allows SQL connections and that the SQL Browser Service is started.  Finally permissions need to be set in the instance so that the authenciated user can add a table for creation of the database upon install.  This had taken me a few hours today but now working fine with v3 and v4 side by side.

Windows 7 Pro 32bit (Clients)
Windows 2008R2 64bit Server Standard (SERVER)
SQL2012 Standard 64bit (SQL) installed on Server with seperate physical hard-drives for DATBASES and LOGS