Song in multple categories

Song in multple categories

Author
Roger Woods
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Adam,

I started playing tunes (vinyl) for a living on ILR in 1985 having spent the previous 8 years on hospital radio, so I total agree that you need a broad knowledge of music across the many decades to schedule successfully.  Personally i love classical music as much as I do some, but not all, of the stuff in the R1 playlist today.  It was unfortunately that our music manager, who would be the same age as myself if he was still with our project, missed so much of the 80's doing other stuff, which I'm now with our present music manger, who too has IRL experience, rebuilding the library with all those classic tunes.  I quite like Seaside stance on scheduling however, and in fact are going down a similar router with a core category, openers, A, B & C lists, plus a few others and tests are sounding very good. 

Roger.

PS. Last paid radio gig as Presenter/Producer & New Reader on BBC local hanging up the cans in 2006. CR from 2007 to today!

Roger Woods
Producer/Presenter/Engineer
bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I think I read the original question right (NEVER assume anything though ....)

We've had carts in numerous categories on one of the stations I'm involved in and it is a pain to have to add the same cart to Autotrack two or more times if you want it in a special category alongside, for example, A list, or decade.

It would be useful to be able to add a cart to Autotrack just once, but into multiple categories ... but how many?  In my case I think it would be a maximum of three ... so could four be the answer?

And more categories would be great too - the system on Coastline FM in Spain used to have "a" and "b" categories for each decade, but now there are too many decades and other categories so we've had to merge our a and b lists together to make room for new decades.  I think, but can't confirm, the original "a" and "b" idea was that "a" were smash hits and "b" were great songs that weren't smash hits but we like hearing anyway.

Bernard
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search