Broadcast Radio Forums

Song in multple categories

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic4781.aspx

By erewashsound - Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:03:57 PM

Hi

It would be nice to be able to add songs to multiple categories in AutoTrack. We are starting a specalist music show that we'd like AutoTrack to schedule, however the issue is we do not want to put these tracks into our main lists, we could put them in and set a format/show rule up however this would clutter our lists. Some tracks for this show however could be in our main playlist, what we'd is to be able to put the tracks into a seperate set of categories but still keep some of them in our main A, B and C lists.

At the moment, the only way I can think of doing it is setting a cart range aside from it and duplicating the tracks we want on both categories and importing one of the two instances of the tracks into both categories.
By bernard - Monday, February 21, 2011 10:55:40 AM

I think I read the original question right (NEVER assume anything though ....)

We've had carts in numerous categories on one of the stations I'm involved in and it is a pain to have to add the same cart to Autotrack two or more times if you want it in a special category alongside, for example, A list, or decade.

It would be useful to be able to add a cart to Autotrack just once, but into multiple categories ... but how many?  In my case I think it would be a maximum of three ... so could four be the answer?

And more categories would be great too - the system on Coastline FM in Spain used to have "a" and "b" categories for each decade, but now there are too many decades and other categories so we've had to merge our a and b lists together to make room for new decades.  I think, but can't confirm, the original "a" and "b" idea was that "a" were smash hits and "b" were great songs that weren't smash hits but we like hearing anyway.

Bernard