Autotrack database 'Notes' field

Autotrack database 'Notes' field

Author
Andy Read
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)Forum Sage (25K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Occasionally, I use the Audiowall Update facility within Autotrack to update song/jingle starts/extros etc from the Audiowall, but also back the other way to update Notes, as I tend to add chart information on the Notes field in Autotrack whilst scheduling.

However, I've noticed recently that there are no Notes on any cart on the audiowall. Is there a problem with the mapping of fields, or am I updating the wrong field?

Andy

Andy Read
Hospital Radio Bedside - Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Wimborne

Iainshr
Iainshr
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Hi Andy,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this one, I think I have a similar problem - If the notes field is populated on the audiowall the text appears in the notes field in autotrack after import - however, after the import has taken place although the audiowall reports that the notes field is populated there is nothing in it!

Iain

Iain Lee - Programme Controller - Scunthorpe Hospital Radio

glenmitch
glenmitch
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)Forum Sage (33K reputation)

We have the same problem. the notes populate into the log but not into the notes filed on the card. Can this be added to the fix list?

Glen Mitchell
Systems Manager
Hot Radio
Poole & Bournemouth
glen.mitchell@hot1028.com

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)Forum Sage (254K reputation)

We have this aswell, since I first posted it here months ago,  Maybe the next update will have a fix for it.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi All,

This is a problem with AutoTrack, even with .47 - it's writing the older legacy .RTF versions of the notes intead of the newer plain text version (becuase AutoTrack historically always tried to work with Myriad v2 as well)

We have tweaked this for the next release so should solve this, however we're holding off on this until we've heard back from about the other couple of issues that have been raised with .47 (i.e. Adding artists to groups and Updating AW Category information etc.)

Once we've had a look at the above then we should be able to put a build together.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search