In Myriad v3.5 there are several different mechanisms that can be used to describe what "Content Type" a cart is. These are used in several places in Myriad, but in particular they are used when manually adding a Cart to the Log - e.g. by Drag-n-Drop.
This can cause some confusion when you have a Cart which you think should be going in as one type, but is actually going into the log in another - i.e. you drag an 'Advert' in, but it ends up as a 'Link' in the log.
When you add a Cart to the log, Myriad checks the various Content Types in order and the first match it finds is what gets used.
The process Myriad uses is:
- Check the 'Database' for information from AutoTrack
- Check the 'Database' for information from InstantTrack
- Check the 'Content Type' marked on the actual Cart via SmoothEdit (see note)
- Check the 'Cart Ranges' specified via the Log Importer
- If still no match, then just import as a Cart.
Note: At the time of writing, the following Content Types are mapped to Log Item Types:
- Music -> Music
- Adverts/Spots -> Adverts
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.
Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness