Windows 7

Windows 7

Author
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi to all,

I have a pre sales enquiry regarding the P Squared range of products in relation to the supported OS platform.

As I have already read within both this forum and main website alike, I note the software is still predominately adapted for WinXP which is well and truly doing to be withdrawn with regards to sales and support by Microsoft. In light of the impending Windows 7 to replace Vista which has not been warmly welcomed by the business community I wondered what P Squared development plan was on cross developing the entire product range to support the new OS.

I would anticipate new hardware (PC/Servers) are going to be very hard to purchase with the older already supported OS platforms. Microsoft will offer support until 2013, when they will terminate the life cycle of XP, which has been for 13 years and must be the longest of any MS product to date.

May I kindly ask what the views are regarding this.

Regards

Mark

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Sorry slight correction to my earlier post,

Windows XP

Extended Support Retired 08/04/2014

Vista

Mainstream Support Retired 10/04/2012

Extended Support retirement currently unknown

Sorry for the wrong date in my earlier post, tried to edit it but did not have permission Wink.

Regards

Mark

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Mark,

apologies for the delay in replying.

This is something that we have been discussing here in the office in the last few days. An updated Operating System Support statement will be published soon. That statement can be found here http://support.psquared.net/softsupport.htm

It is the very nature of our business to develop the software for the needs of the current customer, but with innovations for what may be needed in the future. We have been playing with Windows 7 since it was first released to Microsoft Partners and i've seen a few of our products already running on it so that we will be ready to (finally) wave goodbye to good old XP.

Regards

David Boulton 

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd

Edited
15 Years Ago by David Boulton
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Hi Mark,

We have now published our Windows 7 Support statement which can be found at http://support.psquared.net/Windows7Support.htm

The basic gist is that we will be skipping Windows Vista and going straight to Windows 7. We are hoping that this we be quite quick and are currently working towards January next year as our start date to give Windows 7 time to 'bed-in' Smile

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Edited
15 Years Ago by Peter Jarrett
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Does Myriad work under 64-bit Windows 7 or only 32?

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage

Hi Matt,

To my knowledge there is not an issue with Myriad, I have one system on 64bit however must admit my others are on 32bit. To date I have not had any issues which are unique to the 64bit version so from my point of view its OK.

Your main issue will be compatibility with hardware drivers such as your sound-card, if you have these covered then give it a go.

If you use the Delta 1010 as we do then they have working Windows 64bit drivers

If you have a fitted Advantech 1750 in the same machine then you may come unstuck as there are only 32bit drivers at the time of writing but I may be wrong on this.

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Edited
13 Years Ago by Mark Carney
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (92K reputation)

I run myriad on my laptop using win 7 64bit with no issues.

As mentioned, hardware drivers are likely to be the problem.

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Hi All,

Officially (http://support.psquared.net/softsupport.htm#Operating_System_Support) we don't support any of our products on 64Bit OSs - this is due to a combination of the issues as noted above about hardware drivers (though these are improving) but also the Windows registry works in a very different way when running 32bit applications on a 64bit OS and this can cause a lot of headaches when we are trying to assist when users have problems.

Unofficially, most of our newer laptops run 64bit and have no issues with the software side at all. Even the older v2 products seem to work very well and they weren't even designed for Windows XP!

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

We are looking to setup a couple of Windows 7 machines as Studio Myriad machines. Do people have recommendations of how to setup Windows 7 in terms of turning things off/on etc for best experience.

Also looking at ways to restrict access to windows explorer and direct access to the folder structure.

any tips - welcomed

Matt

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

We have Win7 in 1 of our 3 studios, the production studio, Myriad works very well although it does crash if you edit for too long or if you rush when using myriad,
Also pain in the bum when it comes to adobe audition too, as you need to enter username and password all the time,
via windows defender. Until we have to we are stcking with XP on all our other pc's.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums