Moving Autotrack to a new PC

Moving Autotrack to a new PC

Author
radiosthelier
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all

We have finally got around to upgrading our PC's from XP to Win7 and need to move our Autotrack to our new Win 7 machine, I have searched but cannot find any relevant info

I appreciate that we need to release and re-licence, my question is around where all the rules / clocks ect are stored and do we need to move them to the new machine?

Autotrack is on a separate machine to the main Myriad system

Thanks
Kevin

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

The databases are stores on your SQL server for Autotrack V4 or your Myriad System folder for V3.

All you need to do is make sure the new instance of Autotrack points to the same data/audio/directory locations as the existing installation.  In the unlikely event that this data is on your current Autotrack machine then they will need to be copied to your new machine and the new locations set up in Myriad as well.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
IHR
IHR
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

We're also looking at moving our Autotrack (v3) to a new PC. However, the PC it is moving from is not connected to the Internet - I assume I'd need to ring PSquared to release the licence off this one.
The PC it is moving to may have Internet access (at least temporarily), so re-licencing should be a doddle.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,

Yep absolutely - if you call us first we can release the license so it's ready for relicensing when you run up the new pc.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search