Myriad Anywhere and shared database

Myriad Anywhere and shared database

Author
Cat Molloy
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join. I'm currently giving a friend a hand with Myriad 4 before they decide to go with it or not but we've got a couple of issues that I can't figure out.
1: We can connect Myriad Anywhere back to the playout but its not showing the log or the instant carts, it just shows the phone to globe gif in the middle of the screen. I have ports forwarded to the playout pc and it connects its just not sending data back. If i try it on an internal pc using local ip address it works perfect.

2: Myriad 4 is running on pc1 with SQL express 2008 running and everything is fine but we have installed the same on pc2 and would like to share the database on pc1 to run 2 studios.
Ive changed all the directory targets to aim at pc1 and it works perfect i can even see the audiowall with the same files as pc1 but it wont show the log. I have selected pc for the target database and if i press the test connection icon it says all is ok but i cannot access the data it just asks if i would like myriad to create a new database there and if i select yes it says it cant as there is already one there and if i say no it wants me to select a database but i cant see the one on pc1. 
Going slightly crazy now but its probably something simple that im not seeing.
Thanks
Cat
Problem
Cat Molloy
Cat Molloy
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)Forum Sage (990 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Correction to problem 1 it appears its not getting through my fiber router firewall despite opening ports.
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Cat,

best to make sure your router is on the latest firmware.
Also cautionary notes about making sure that you perform firmware updates correctly and have all passwords and configurations backed up somewhere else.

Please also remember that opening ports directly on your firewall is a potential security risk, and the better way is to create a VPN connection into your system and run Myriad Anywhere on a PC that first has to log-in to the VPN.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums