LIVE or AUTO to AUTO-FADE COMMAND

LIVE or AUTO to AUTO-FADE COMMAND

Author
Rob Langley
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

We're using Myriad v4 and wondered if it's possible to add or create a command that will alow an hour to be swapped to auto-fade?  If so, how would I do it please?

We have an odd hour in our programming where the first half hour is live and the 2nd half and subsequent 2 hours are automated.  I know it's easy for the live presenter to switch over to auto-fade but we've had a couple of instances where (when different people are covering the show) it's been overlooked and left in live mode, consequently the top-of-the-hour sequence hasn't worked.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Regards,
Rob.

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Rob,

Yes you can do it - you'll need to create a Command (from the Myriad Settings menu) and I think you want to set the command as:

LOG MODE AUTOFADE

Then just add that command as a Clock Line in AutoTrack and you should be good to go.

A full list of v4 commands is available at http://support.psquared.net/Products/Myriad/v4.0/Public/Documentation/Macro%20Command%20Reference%20v4.0.rtf too Smile

Also worth asking on the FB group as that is a LOT more active than these forums nowadays - I know it's labeled as for v5, but you are more than welcome to ask about any version you like http://www.facebook.com/groups/Myriad5

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Rob Langley
Rob Langley
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)Forum Sage (1.9K reputation)

Peter Jarrett - Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:58:13 AM
Hi Rob,

Yes you can do it - you'll need to create a Command (from the Myriad Settings menu) and I think you want to set the command as:

LOG MODE AUTOFADE

Then just add that command as a Clock Line in AutoTrack and you should be good to go.

A full list of v4 commands is available at http://support.psquared.net/Products/Myriad/v4.0/Public/Documentation/Macro%20Command%20Reference%20v4.0.rtf too Smile

Also worth asking on the FB group as that is a LOT more active than these forums nowadays - I know it's labeled as for v5, but you are more than welcome to ask about any version you like http://www.facebook.com/groups/Myriad5

Many thanks for your help with this, do I need to add anything before the 'LOG MODE AUTOFADE' part, excuse my ineptitude. 

Can I simply create a command as a macro and that be the only line of text required?

Thanks,
Rob.

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Yes its fine as the first (and only) line in the command script, and yes, just create that as a macro command and you're all sorted. 

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Rob Langley
Rob Langley
Forum Sage

Many thanks for your help Peter. For some reason it isn't working on our system. I tried to insert it as a command in the live hour but it didn't switch back to Auto Fade.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Might be best to raise it with support then and we can take a look for you Smile

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

RobLangley - Sunday, September 23, 2018 7:03:48 PM
Many thanks for your help Peter. For some reason it isn't working on our system. I tried to insert it as a command in the live hour but it didn't switch back to Auto Fade.

Hi Rob,

Try 
LOG MODE AUTOFADE
as the command

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Rob,

Hope you are well?

Also check to see that you dont have rouge characters. Sometimes cutting and pasting from an HTML (i.e. this forum) can leave some hidden stuff around.

Open Notepad or the new command window.
Type the command in manually - make sure there is no carriage return afer the line.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Rob Langley
Rob Langley
Forum Sage

Thanks for all your help guys with this, sorry for the delayed reply.

Rob.

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search