Transfer Myriad to new computer

Transfer Myriad to new computer

Author
SamStamford
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)Forum Sage (646 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of information on transferring Myriad to a new computer if at all possible.

The college I teach at has a radio module culminating in a week of broadcast in May. We are currently running Myriad v3 from an old computer that is due to be upgraded in a week or so. Would it be relatively painless experience to transfer our whole system to another computer? Would I have to re-import media into the carts or is there a way of transferring everything intact? And how would the license transfer work?

Thanks in advance for any help, I would be massively grateful if anyone can give me any information.
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (190K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Sam,

for Myriad v3 it's pretty simple - you should look into the file locations and settings menus - make a note (or screenshot) the settings that relate to soundcard etc.

If you data and audiowalls are in a main folder i.e. \\myriadserver\psquared\audiowall & \\myriadserver\psquared\Directory etc - then you just need to copy the entire "psquared" folder. REMEMBER if any Myriad on your network is running, you will not be able to copy open files, so you need a bit of software, or a quick google into copying open files via the command line.

So once you have copied the data, go into Myriad, into the settings and License Details section - make a note of the License Name (you'll need this later) - if you are connected to the internet you can simply press the button to "release" the license code.

Copy the data onto the new machine, Install the application, run though the license wizard putting in the same License Name and press "set", you should be  able then to click on the "globe" icon to retrieve the details and license on-line.

You may not be able to do this if, your personel details are out of date on our systems at this end - please call the office during normal hours and if you are on the Authorised List we will be able to issue a code manually (if the internet method doesn't work).

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums