Songs not Fading

Songs not Fading

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have noticed on a few occasions Myriad playout not running to time even though there is at least one fadeable song.  I have just investigated and found the option to allow fading unticked.  This is obviously not the case with everything as most clocks do run to time.  Is there an option somewhere that unticks this option by default?

Neil Ogden

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Hi Neil,

Take a look in Autotrack at the clock driving that hour and make sure you have the 'fadeable' column viewable and ensure there is a Y in that column.

Let us know how you get on...

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)Forum Sage (58K reputation)

Well I've just learnt something about Autotrack - I had never noticed the "chooe columns" button before! 

But yes, in the clock, all the songs have a "y" next to them when I make that column visible.

Neil

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

mmm - ok - I am out of ideas. 

It may have been changed manually perhaps...

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Neil,

by default Myriad can only FADE songs, and ONLY if they are available.
Check in your Station Database settings about which items are allowed to be faded, to get to time.

If a human has put Voice Tracks in between all the items in the hour (or just used the Segue Editor to adjust how they sound), then that is the HUMAN telling the computer how you WANT it to sound, and therefore the human wins. So if you have nothing left for Myriad to adjust it will overrun the hour, EVEN if you have set it to AUTOFADE.

Best advice is to leave a couple of songs towards the end of the hour (FADE ending if possible) alone, don't even put a sweeper between them, then Myriad can delete, fade or re-instate if there are any timing problems throughout the hour. The later you leave them in the hour, the more flexible Myriad can be.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

I think I've figured out what was happening - and I think it's a change between 2.6 and 4 (we upgraded from 2.6 to 4 so missed out on all in between).
In old Myriad, a song could fade even if there was a voicelink at the start of it.
That doesn't appear to be the case in 4, so if there is a link at the start of the track, it loses its fadeability.
You're probably going to tell me there is a setting to change this and make things behave like in old Myriad?
I seem to have worked out what's happening though.

Neil

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search