Example for usage of the 'Manual Reset'

Example for usage of the 'Manual Reset'

Author
jonesmat
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Can anyone provide an example of usage of the Manual Reset function (when building a clock, it's the option in the dropdown called 'Reset')?

I understand that it is to do with timing, but I don't quite understand what it does and under what circumstances it might be useful. Any explanations in words of single syllables would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Jones
Radio Verulam

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Hi Matt,

My understanding is if you had several 'hard posts' within an hour. Instead of using 'Absolute Time Markers' you would use 'Reset' - useful if the hour does not actually contain much music but is more speech driven and say you had travel every 20 minutes that you needed to hit. The timings/overun etc would go to those timeframes instead of just the end of the hour.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Matt and Matt,

exactly, the "reset time" allows you to reset the estimated start times of the items in the log, so if you have to do travel at :20 you can see if you have too much or too little programed into that section of the log. They are ignored by Myriad when playing out and are just designed for the "good old fashioned, human being" to assist in timing the hour.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
jonesmat
jonesmat
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)Forum Sage (6.6K reputation)

Ah ha OK. I think I get it now. So it's just a signpost within the hour to say "you should be roughly at XX:XX by this point" but I guess in AutoFade it is simply ignored.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Matt

Matt Jones
Radio Verulam

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio

Exactly Smile
A really popular use for these is in talk heavy shows like a breakfast show, where you know you will play a 3 minute song out of the news at 8:05, but then the next item is a travel at 8:20. Without a ResetTime, the travel bed would show a start time of ~8.08, but that can confuse us humans, so you put in a reset time before the travel bed of 08:20 and voila, the "start times" are RESET to 08:20, and the bed now shows the start time if 8:20

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search