Cannot soft delete V4

Cannot soft delete V4

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have upgraded to Myriad V4, for some reason the directory did not import over from V3, meaning I had to recreate all users.

I made my presenter settings and then simply copied this first user with new login names for each other presenter.

To my knowledge no one else has the bug, except for one user who at times, not every time, but most of the time, cannot soft delete songs.

you will see the message that appears when the user tries to soft delete.

once the user has this message appear, say OK, then the song does soft delete.

then the timings in the log do not update until all further songs in the log are physically played

this makes it difficult for the user to back time as the clock is all out of time.

Shut down myriad completely from that studio, restart and the timings are all back until you try to soft delete again.

as I say, no one else has yet pointed this out too me, so it may just be one presenter user.

I may login as a presenter today and test a few accounts to see if it happens for others.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Attachments
20140504_170524.jpg (609 views, 558.00 KB)
John Drake
John Drake
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
For future reference, there is a utility called the "Contacts and Users importer" which will import v3 contacts and users into a V4 database.

This should appear on your start menu when you install a P Squared Directory-enabled application.

We will look into the soft deletion error.

John
Development Team
Broadcast Radio

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Hi Paul,

Can you raise this direct with Support as we'll need to gather more info from you about the Directory and the specific user account etc.

Cheers,

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Found the utility, I'll use it when we upgrade to V5 !!

as for the support file, what would you like me to zip over to you.

I can send a support file as we found out that your support file setup doesn't yet support Server 2012...

we found that last time we tried to send a support file;-)

The whole directory file ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Hi Paul,

You'll need to contact support direct first to get support ticket number. Also some good news : we're just completing testing on an updated database support file creator that should help with 2012 users :-)

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Ok, will do Peter

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password: